Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Nottingham Forest ***Official Match Thread***

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Keep the faith, the fundamentals are better than we've had for decades. Things will come good...

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
But they scored goals for fun where we can't score fore for toffee. We play tipsy happy football with no end product.

We have no quality up front. As someone said in the pub the other night, Mackrel Smith is just too wastefull to play above League 1. Needs about 20 chances to score one goal.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
It could be worse. We're the 28th best team in the country - and we've got a positive goal difference. IMO The Championship has to be one of the tightest in the world - anyone can win or lose to anyone it seems.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
It could be worse. We're the 28th best team in the country - and we've got a positive goal difference. IMO The Championship has to be one of the tightest in the world - anyone can win or lose to anyone it seems.

I totally agree with you. However, we are playing boring football, that is the problem. It would not be so bad if we were entertained when getting these number of points - but we are subjected to complete shit! Time for Poyet to join Mike Bailey with his boring football!

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010
We are three points off the playoffs and drew to a decent Forest team and played okay by the sounds of it. Why all the constant moaning and negativity?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
I totally agree with you. However, we are playing boring football, that is the problem. It would not be so bad if we were entertained when getting these number of points - but we are subjected to complete shit! Time for Poyet to join Mike Bailey with his boring football!

On balance, I'd rather take boring football and a point, then sloppy, but flair football and lose 3-2.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
There is simply no excuses for missing the majority of the chances we got today. Absolutely unforgivable. Should have been a lovely couple of goals for us today ina fairly low pressure match. Could have made the world of difference if we'd have just made good on one of our first half chances at least. Terrible.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The game on Tuesday is now a 6 pointer

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
On balance, I'd rather take boring football and a point, then sloppy, but flair football and lose 3-2.

You have a point. BUT, as we are now able to give Poyet a decent playing budget (as we are told), then we should aspire to more than "grinding out draws". Would you rather watch a 0-0 draw or a 3-3 one though?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
The game on Tuesday is now a 6 pointer

It seems to people that every game is a 6 pointer at the moment...Christ, we're only 3 points off the botton, you'd think we are in the relegation zone.

I really do despise this site when there's a result that isn't a win.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It seems to people that every game is a 6 pointer at the moment...Christ, we're only 3 points off the botton, you'd think we are in the relegation zone.

I really do despise this site when there's a result that isn't a win.
A win against Millwall means we will have a better goal difference and go above them with the possibility of going back into the play off positions.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Not a single shot on target in this match according to the BBC

Er. Their keeper tipped two over the bar and lua lua shot was going in that the keeper saved. So bbc are talking shite.

To be fair, the first half was even steven and the second was forests. It was difficult to see how we were going to get through....crossing and corners are really seriously dreadful. Very odd for a continental type of ame we play.

First game in nearly 20 years I have ever left before the final whistle.

Very poor effort all in all

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Our season is slowly slipping away due to a lack of end product. Lets see if Gus & TB do any decent business in the Jan transfer window to have a go at the playoffs. Getting quite bored by this style of football now, does Gus have any other ideas?!?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not the result I was hoping for - bring on Millwall (although we probably won't score then either................)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Our season is slowly slipping away due to a lack of end product. Lets see if Gus & TB do any decent business in the Jan transfer window to have a go at the playoffs. Getting quite bored by this style of football now, does Gus have any other ideas?!?
Vicente ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here