Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Norwich City *** Official Match Thread ***

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Draw/Norwich HT/FT, Norwich Win, 104/1. Worth £10 of anyone's money.

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
I think collectively - and we all agree on this - we have resigned ourselves to a defeat today. Most of us (myself included) will feel very glum about how Potter's tenure ended, but at this stage it's untenable.

Speak for yourself, don't include me.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Eldest has covid so can’t go, gutted as he hasn’t seen a win in person since September.

It’s his birthday in the next couple of weeks so have been rinsed for £54 for a Lamptey 2 Hyper Turq youth away shirt and a £8 Albion alarm clock

Will be watching from a far, just hope we go at them from the off and generate some atmosphere today

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Eldest has covid so can’t go, gutted as he hasn’t seen a win in person since September.

It’s his birthday in the next couple of weeks so have been rinsed for £54 for a Lamptey 2 Hyper Turq youth away shirt and a £8 Albion alarm clock

Will be watching from a far, just hope we go at them from the off and generate some atmosphere today

I Put my tickets on the exchange but they didn’t sell so I’ve just recalled them and will go along and give them a bit of a shout. Managed to find a mate who wants to come along on the missus’ ticket as she’s not up for it.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I’ve woke up feeling kind of nervous. Like this is a big cup game, or a relegation match, when it’s not. Weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I Put my tickets on the exchange but they didn’t sell so I’ve just recalled them and will go along and give them a bit of a shout. Managed to find a mate who wants to come along on the missus’ ticket as she’s not up for it.

[emoji1303]

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don't suppose we're lucky enough that Pukki picked up a knock during the international break by any chance? Else he seems nailed on to score. He scored against Iceland last week, and he's lethal against Championship level defences - which without Webster is what we look like. Oh dear

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Lose against Norwich at Home then you deserve to be relegated. Wheel draw 0-0 to prolong our agony.

Oh, why did you have to tempt fate…..

Nailed on 0-0 now…..

I woke up today, to bright sunshine a brisk chill to the air, I thought “yeah, I like the cut of your jib today, I’m gonna enjoy going today”

Oh jebus, why did I open this thread,

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
The boys are on the beach already - 33 points is plenty enough to stay up this season. A win would be nice of course but suspect they're already booking their summer hols in truth.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
This has the potential to be a nervous, don't lose war of attrition given both sides losing runs but there's a part of me that does remember the stuffing we handed them in The Championship and hoping for that again. First goal (if there is one) will be crucial.

We were next to the awayers for that game. There was a right gobby woman the other side of the strip and it became the best game I've been to at the Amex. We ended up laughing more than cheering.

Sod's law demands balance sadly.

Mortdecai

Aug 6, 2009
Kirkkonummi, Finland
bha1.jpgbha2.jpg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This already feels like it’s going to be an awful afternoon. A nervy Amex, if the team don’t start well it’s going to get very quiet. That in turn will make the team nervous, and panic when the crowd groans every time it goes backwards. If Norwich score first it could be ugly. Not late-Hyppia ugly but much groaning and grumbling, with plenty of boos.

Of course if we score first it could lift the place. But I just don’t fancy us scoring right now.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
There is a strong possibility that we will put in another poor performance today, but unless you are going with the intention of cheering-on the team then don't bother going.

When the going gets tough (and as Albion fans we know all about things getting tough) we don't need booing and jeering. If you do that then take it from me...you are a c**t.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I reckon Potter will play both Welbeck and Maupay today playing wider to allow Moder to smash in his first EPL goals marauding through the middle of the pitch, either that or 0-0 .

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
What’s our record against Dean Smith managed sides? Expect it’s a bit pants.

Naturally pessimistic but really think we’ll have an international hang over of epic proportions and lose 2-0. Especially since Lawro thinks we’ll win 2-0

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I reckon Potter will play both Welbeck and Maupay today playing wider to allow Moder to smash in his first EPL goals marauding through the middle of the pitch, either that or 0-0 .

No, that's the obvious thing to do. Clever Potter will start with a 5:4:1 formation until we go 0:2 down and then bring on 3 attackers (have we got 3?) to try and get something out of a lost game. I'm all Potter but don't understand why we never start with more up front.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There is a strong possibility that we will put in another poor performance today, but unless you are going with the intention of cheering-on the team then don't bother going.

When the going gets tough (and as Albion fans we know all about things getting tough) we don't need booing and jeering. If you do that then take it from me...you are a c**t.

Spot on, but the majority of fans in the Amex were not watching when we were properly shite, so they WILL moan if things get edgy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here