Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United *** Official Match Thread ***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As much as I want the 3 points can see this ending up in a disappointing draw

Won’t be THAT disappointing though and given our home record against park the bus teams, quite likely. But yes it will be disappointing.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I'll have a pound that a squid is damper than a fuse any day of their natural lives .

2 nil to the squids in blue

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Nearly every win we get, is when we have less possession than the opposition. When we counter attack and forward players have less time to think on the ball. Newcastle will know this, sit fairly deep and aim to frustrate us with two banks of four. This is when we struggle as a side. Our tempo slows and there is a lot of passing in front of the opposition. Our final ball is never that good, so we end up playing the numbers game. Trying to bombard the opposition into submission but all PL teams are well drilled and we get repelled quite easily.
We will have more possession tonight and Newcastle will look to soak it up. That is a given. We need to take the lead and let them try and force the pace. It could be a very tense affair and a draw is favourite, particularly as its a ' must not lose ' for both teams.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Likewise, I think a draw isn’t a bad result. We’d move 4 points clear of Fulham, with a game in hand, knowing that 37 points with a superior goal difference will probably do the job, and knowing that a point clear of Fulham and Newcastle by game 37 will secure our safety.

However, would love a win.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I'm astonished by the general positivity on here I think tonight will be a very tough game and would be satisfied with a draw, this feels like the typical match we lose.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Likewise, I think a draw isn’t a bad result. We’d move 4 points clear of Fulham, with a game in hand, knowing that 37 points with a superior goal difference will probably do the job, and knowing that a point clear of Fulham and Newcastle by game 37 will secure our safety.

However, would love a win.

Not if our GD takes a hit.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United *** Official Match Thread ***

it's not "must win", Draw or defeat would still leave us safe. More like "prefer to win".

Correct.

Tonight is “must not lose”. Obviously a win would be brilliant, but a draw puts us 4pts clear of Fulham with a game in hand and still leaves the Geordies in the firing line.

We do historically struggle in these sort of games under Potter. But law of averages, we have to buck that trend at some point. And Newcastle are really really bad right now.

I have faith we get a nerve wracking 1-0 or 2-1. It’d be bloody nice to win by a couple of goals for once though.

Gun shot

Ready to be fired
Oct 3, 2020
In a holster
Brentford v Forest at lunchtime.
Six Nations Rugby this afternoon.
Brighton v Newcastle tonight.

Here's hoping for a Super Saturday with three points for the Albion to make safety within touching distance. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here