Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Great angle of the goal, but equally of Dunk’s comedy cramp when celebrating :laugh:

:ROFLMAO:

That's fantastic. I've seen him already down, but that's the first time I've seen how he's celebrating and is suddenly incapacitated. Hilarious.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
From 10:00 this is lovely, they’re purring about us :love:, with assessments of individual Albion players. Also barbed criticism of Antony. Imho Rio’s a good pundit, Joe Cole is far better in this scenario (rather than the ten second slots pundits get at internationals).

I think Cole gets more respect when he isn’t wearing one of his hats

Agree re Rio…although he does talk about smelling balls 🤔

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
From 10:00 this is lovely, they’re purring about us :love:, with assessments of individual Albion players. Also barbed criticism of Antony. Imho Rio’s a good pundit, Joe Cole is far better in this scenario (rather than the ten second slots pundits get at internationals).

Listen to Rio's comments on the stats from 12:30, to get a glimpse into the dressing room.

When I first heard FH was in the frame, I watched a bit of St. Pauli. They were all natural athletes. Real runners. I wondered if we would see the same here. Maybe we are seeing the beginnings of it. We finished the game stronger than Man Utd. In his post-match presser, FH praised the 'never give up' attitude we had.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Fun stat somebody posted on reddit:

dovin4m1dykd1.png

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
There is a flip of a lot more game time after 90 minutes now. I should imagine most teams are conceding way more in the final 5 to ten minutes now.
Man Utd since Fergie have always had plenty of game time after 90 minutes. The difference is that they previously used it to get winners.

Ferguson won 16 Premier League matches with winners in 90+ minutes - not to mention those in Europe.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Fun stat somebody posted on reddit:

dovin4m1dykd1.png
Of course, two of those six were us. Mac Allister's penalty to win 1-0 in the 99th minute was also against EtH. So he's actually conceded the same number of injury time winners to Brighton as they did to all of their total opponents in the previous 10 years.*

* - Excuse my maths: 30 years (see @hans kraay fan club correction below).

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Of course, two of those six were us. Mac Allister's penalty to win 1-0 in the 99th minute was also against EtH. So he's actually conceded the same number of injury time winners to Brighton as they did to all of their total opponents in the previous 10 years.
THIRTY years...

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
3 days later and I'm still grinning.

It goes to show how much I still hate that club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here