Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester City *** Official Match Thread ***

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm sorry PBFO, but that is a very petty grumble. Personally, I find it astonishing that we are now attracting South American and Japanese fans and I'm very happy to see them at The Amex. Contrast our 31.5K attendances with watching an Albion game at Gillingham with only 3,000 of us there! Any Albion fan who makes them feel uncomfortable needs to take a very long hard look at themselves...

I love all these new supporters and visitors. The Japan, Equador, Paraguay flags, add to the occasion.

Welcome to them all!

Bryanw42

Nov 8, 2021
Epsom
Brilliant atmosphere tonight. Both ends of the North stand joined up together on several occasions. When that happens the whole place lifts. More of that.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I'm sorry PBFO, but that is a very petty grumble. Personally, I find it astonishing that we are now attracting South American and Japanese fans and I'm very happy to see them at The Amex. Contrast our 31.5K attendances with watching an Albion game at Gillingham with only 3,000 of us there! Any Albion fan who makes them feel uncomfortable needs to take a very long hard look at themselves...
I don’t need a lecture on Gillingham, I was one of them, i can bet my house on it, that when Mitoma leaves so will 95% of them, does that rankle slightly ? I find anyone constantly holding their phone filming the match, instead of taking in the game irksome, as for grown men screaming a players name every time he’s within 15ft of you is annoying.

Them leaving early was probably just a coincidence, I personally think they were getting in line early to see the players leave and get autographs.

But I’m just an old grinch, who likes winding folks up.
I love all these new supporters and visitors. The Japan, Equador, Paraguay flags, add to the occasion.

Welcome to them all!
I actually agree to be honest, if we can open our arms to people from Lancing then all are welcome.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So proud of what we saw last night, mixing it with one with the best teams on planet earth.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Anyone else watching highlights again this morning ? How many times is too many ? :lolol:

Brilliant night, fantastic performance going toe to toe with that lot and the atmosphere was better than Sunday (a bit less tension in the crowd I think with the job already virtually done). Colossal amount of praise and admiration flying at the club from all directions in the media this morning. So many great performances from the kids last night - but would single out Van Hecke who somehow effectively dealt with Haaland 1-1 for most of the match. Absolutely amazing from him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Brilliant atmosphere tonight. Both ends of the North stand joined up together on several occasions. When that happens the whole place lifts. More of that.
There is currently a 'top boys' inquiry into this to make sure it doesn't happen again.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
agree, cracking atmosphere, I felt privileged just to be there with my daughter, we both loved.

They didn’t even sell out, swathes of spaces and quite a few left before the final whistle.
No they have not always been like that to be fair.

one grumble about tonight, we’re some of the Japanese tourists fans just there to see one player.
grown men screaming his name every five minutes and constantly holding a phone towards the pitch.
he actually had an off game tonight, his first touch let him down a couple of times, so much to my daughters amusement.
At half time, I leaned in to talk to my daughter knowing some of them behind me listened and said “Mitomas rubbish tonight, we should take him off, I’ve heard were selling him to Manchester Rovers in the summer”

There was lots chatter after that behind me, they left 15 minutes into the second half, which is understandable considering their journey home.
Firstly, I have no allegiance to them at all , but lets get it right, City did completely sell out for this game (weeks ago), but as they had a/won the league already, b/ it was a wednesday night, c/was a long trip and most of their fans are actually from Manchester (unlike the red twats,) so they just decided against travelling down, thats all. Twitter and Instagram was absolutely chocka with city fans trying to sell or even give away their tickets over last couple of days.

Secondly and more importantly, you thought Mitoma had an off game & was rubbish in the first half ???? You need to go to specsavers mate, he was up against probably the fastest, savvy defender in the league and played really well last night. Yes a couple of balls escaped him but that happens to all players in 90 minutes of football, even Messi.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
How the flaming hell am I going to survive nearly 3 months without football? This kind of football as well?

My life will have no purpose or direction. Maybe I need to follow Gary Neville's business advice and go on holiday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here