Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester City *** Official Match Thread ***

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Maybe but they've lost 4 of their last 5 games away plus they lost to bloody Norwich away. They're great individuals but hardly world beater this season

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Tonight they have been the best team I have seen this season. Including Real and Barcelona.

I agree we haven’t helped ourselves, but, no team would have matched them tonight .

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I don't care how good City are - and they're very, very good - but if you pass the ball to them again and again and again and fail to stop routine shots, they're going to look like Brazil 1970. This is embarrassingly one-sided and, frankly, an inexplicable and indefensible performance. You have to wonder what Potter's going to say about it after the game because the only positive so far is that the two against the woodwork didn't go in.
This.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Anyone who is happy with this and the season overall has to really question themselves. This fascination with this joke of a league means people get blinded by the razzmatazz and celebrity of it all. Just ****ing grateful to be here happy clapping shite. The reality is we’re spineless, bereft of ideas and quality and no better than under CH. we should compete every game, I’m not saying win, just ****ing compete. If GP has sent the players out to save themselves for Thursday then everybody involved with the club is an embarrassment.
Get this in to your heads- Man City have dropped 33 points this year. Get real.
Well said I agree. We have no guts.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Had all the signs of a free hit game when you look at the line up. I don't mind, would rather have the legs for Southampton. Propper's concentration and touch a worry. A few defensive blips too. Alireza on to complete the pre-season feel.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
They’ll come a point you have to stop making excuses for them. It can’t always be the cover. I don’t remember either of them ever being excellent, competent at best.

They played really well in the semi final but Knockaert and AJ offered a lot more than Mooy and Gross.

Terrible performance but the cover isn’t great out there.

I like Bernardo but this has been his worst performance for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boik

Anyone who is happy with this and the season overall has to really question themselves. This fascination with this joke of a league means people get blinded by the razzmatazz and celebrity of it all. Just ****ing grateful to be here happy clapping shite. The reality is we’re spineless, bereft of ideas and quality and no better than under CH. we should compete every game, I’m not saying win, just ****ing compete. If GP has sent the players out to save themselves for Thursday then everybody involved with the club is an embarrassment.
Get this in to your heads- Man City have dropped 33 points this year. Get real.

The same City that Thrashed Liverpool, Burnley and Newcastle? Can we play the one that's dropped 33 points instead of that one?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I said this in the first game back, and he definitely hasn’t improved. I’ve been a big fan of him but think his flaws have been easily shown this season

Having said all this we have far greater issues when it comes to the summer. The break may do him good and realistically who better are we going to get at a sensible price?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Man City are a fantastic side and well out of our ability to challenge but when you watch a game like this is does make you realise what we are competing with in this league... we will never be this good, I guess as I’m in my mid twenties and I’ve seen us yo-yo about a bit in the lower leagues I’ve just got used to that, the prospect of at best mid table season after season is quite depressing actually.

Difficult to explain but when you see this difference in quality, it’s hard not to question what the hell is the point?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Totally disagree, that’s so naive.

CP and Burnley have often picked off big clubs by ALWAYS leaving bodies back in a deep defence, they counter with just two or three maximum. When we tried the gung-ho approach at Old Trafford, after the match Solskjaer was almost boasting when he said they could’ve scored anything. Guardiola was gushing about Potter’s approach after the Etihad hammering.

Let’s be cute, unlikeable in these games.
Let's stick to facts - we did have six players in their half. Need to get better at pressing though. Still better than all within touching distance of our own penalty area!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
They played really well in the semi final but Knockaert and AJ offered a lot more than Mooy and Gross.

Terrible performance but the cover isn’t great out there.

I like Bernardo but this has been his worst performance for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair to the lad Bernardo, he hasn't played in bloody ages. On you go son, see how you get on against the best footballing side in the world on their day. Crazy

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
SHocking. Worst I've seen since Bmuff/Cardiff last season . . . . Don't think I've seen goal keeping that bad for years

Are you seriously comparing a defeat to
Man Citu who put four past Liverpool and 5 past Burnley and Newcastle to us losing to Bournemouth and Cardiff at home?

Grow up

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Maybe but they've lost 4 of their last 5 games away plus they lost to bloody Norwich away. They're great individuals but hardly world beater this season

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

That was in a champions league week. That is one thing that is helping teams like city because they dont have that disadvantage anymore so they can just go out and thump us Everyone is playing the same frequency of games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here