Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Leeds United *** Official Match Thread ***

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Leeds equalizer result of campers aimless kick down field straight to their keeper.

I don't buy that theory.

The ball still has to come all the way back up the pitch and the opposition still need to play the ball around and get off a shot.

It's not Ankergren's fault there was a man left unchecked in the box to get that shot off.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
That's ruined my day now.

No way,well yes,but no,it's Friday or Saturday? 10 pm over here in Sussex & i am enjoying my last hours before a 6 tonne satellite plummets to earth and wipes me out.Great

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Why oh why oh why did he HOOOOF it into no man's land, only to see it come straight back for the goal. Idiot.

And then the hugs with Bromby. If I was a conspiracy theorist . . .

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Great game, gutting to only draw after the come back, plucky Leeds far happier with the point, but I'd have taken a point at half time. So with that, I'm going back to bed. :)

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
3 years ago we would have been satisfied with that result in a division lower!

How times have changed?

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
I don't buy that theory.

The ball still has to come all the way back up the pitch and the opposition still need to play the ball around and get off a shot.

It's not Ankergren's fault there was a man left unchecked in the box to get that shot off.

Exactly. Not one challenge made by the brighton defence.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A good result after being 2 nil down at half time , always looked like Leeds would grab a late equaliser when we were fannying about in extra time.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
We've created 3 really good goals and conceded 3 crap ones.

When we played our normal game we were far better than them but lapsed into lazy mediocrity far too many times.

Maybe the 48 hour break wasn't enough and we were tired.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
Oh my days! What a match. Definitely disappointing having gone and won the thing but hey! Just have to check ourselves and look where we are. I can still hardly believe that this is Brighton I am watching. It's fantastic stuff.

yes this is BHAFC ! amazing scenes again at the amex!!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We've created 3 really good goals and conceded 3 crap ones.

When we played our normal game we were far better than them but lapsed into lazy mediocrity far too many times.

Maybe the 48 hour break wasn't enough and we were tired.

Let's hope that's the bad sequence of results out of the way in time for Palace.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Overall happy with result taking in to account first half. It's tough to come back from 2 down. Really pleased to see CMS get on the score sheet. Bring on palace, cannot wait. !!!! Extra days rest now.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I don't buy that theory.

It was his fault that Leeds were gifted unchallenged possession in the last two minutes of added time when keeping the ball is fundamental. And of course he knew how much time was left on the clock. He'd have to be very stupid not to!

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Hard to not get annoyed at that.

Hopefully Vincelot comes in for Painter at left back, not quite up to it, but only due to his pace, decent on the ball though.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I've not read the whole thread, but like some others, at half time I would have taken a draw, that said with 2 minutes of added on time gone I would have taken the win as well :) not many teams defend a lead with a couple of minutes to go, the way forward is to keep attacking, if you have the ball that means they don't, simples..................

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Gus (if i understood that correctly) wasn't impressed with the defending either....

Gus always says how much he enjoys watching his team playing his kind of football. tonight, in reference to conceding 3 goals, he said "thass no us". i would say the defence won't be seeing much of Gus's cheesy grin in the next few days...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here