Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Leeds United *** Official Match Thread ***

Cypriot-Seagull

Jul 15, 2011
Somewhere in Cyprus
This is sort of game that no one can really predict. We've lost our last two and they hav'nt really got started this season.
I think we should start the game on full attack as our slow build up play in first halfs has'nt really paid dividends so far. The trend is that we play better in the second half but i feel that we can't rely on that today..just a thought.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Yay, BBBW is back.

League Matches at Brighton
Brighton wins - 7
Leeds wins - 6
Draws - 3
Brighton goals - 17
Leeds goals - 17

League Results at Brighton (all time)
English League One

21.11.2009 Brighton 0-3 Leeds
17.01.2009 Brighton 0-2 Leeds
20.10.2007 Brighton 0-1 Leeds
English League Championship
14.01.2006 Brighton 2-1 Leeds
23.10.2004 Brighton 1-0 Leeds
English Division Two (old)
21.04.1990 Brighton 2-2 Leeds
01.10.1988 Brighton 2-1 Leeds
09.05.1987 Brighton 0-1 Leeds
04.09.1985 Brighton 0-1 Leeds
20.04.1985 Brighton 1-1 Leeds
24.03.1984 Brighton 3-0 Leeds
English Division One (old)
02.03.1982 Brighton 1-0 Leeds
02.05.1981 Brighton 2-0 Leeds
13.10.1979 Brighton 0-0 Leeds
English Division Two (old)
22.08.1961 Brighton 1-3 Leeds
24.09.1960 Brighton 2-1 Leeds

Head-to-head
• Leeds have won 15 and lost eight of 32 league meetings with Brighton.
• Brighton have not won in six clashes since a 2-1 Championship victory at home in January 2006.

Brighton
• Brighton, knocked out of the Carling Cup by Liverpool, take to the field for the second time in three days in manager Gus Poyet's 101st match in charge.
• They are in danger of losing three matches in a week, having been beaten for the first time this season at Leicester last Saturday. The Seagulls have not endured successive league losses since April 2010 in League One.
• They are defending one of the five unbeaten home records in the division.

Leeds
• Leeds are chasing a third successive league win, something they last achieved in December 2010.
• They are one of seven clubs still without an away win in this Championship campaign.
• They have had to score at least two goals to secure any points.

Last edited:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Partly because I loathe Leeds and partly because we're overdue (?) I reckon we're gonna slam 'em and wouldn't be surprised at a 4-0 .. fairytale home debut for Hoskins coming on as sub with 35 min's to go and minor tweak in tactics to bring CMS into the game.

Vincelot to start at FB - Vicente to show us what he's all about

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I think Brighton 5-1 Leeds. I am about to set off on the long old walk from just past the Hove Town Hall in a minute, going to time how quickly (slowly?!) I can walk it in. Bring it on.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Venue: The Amex Stadium
Kick Off: 19:45
Referee: Lee Probert

Team News:

Marcos Painter returns for Brighton after serving a one match ban against Liverpool. Will Buckley is out for Brighton after aggravating a hamstring injury in the same tie.

Fit again forward Luciano Becchio is poised to make his first start of the season for Leeds whilst Billy Paynter is also available following an injury.

Defender Patrick Kisnorbo is available for select and Danny Pugh is set to make his debut on loan from Stoke.

Top Scorers: Brighton - Barnes 6, Leeds - McCormack 7

My prediction?? 1-1 draw, CMS for Brighton

This is exactly how these threads should be started. :clap::clap::clap: BbBw ! I'd settle for a win full stop.

rufustipping

Sep 23, 2011
Devon
Hi folks, with my club, Rushden and Diamonds, out of action this season, was planning on getting to a few games this season of other clubs and always had Brighton v Leeds in mind for some reason (new ground, top atmosphere, dirty Leeds etc). However, no chance of making it tonight but looking forward to watching on Sky.

However, I do fancy Leeds in this one, didn't think Leeds were that bad at West Ham and could easily have gone onto win the game at one stage when they were dominating. If they can keep 10 men on the pitch (Ipswich) and avoid silly mistakes (West Ham) I think this could well be the night for an away win.

I really don't think that you guys are overachieving as such -very talented squad it seems to me and a manager who wants to play football the right way. I think you'll carry on doing well and wish you all the best in doing so, it may be patronising, but knowing where you've come from I think of you proving that anything is possible in football if you keep plugging away. However, no Buckley tonight and I think this may be the night that a visiting team picks up a rare away win.

Leeds win and confident goals for me - or have I read this one all wrong?

Blog post on my blog with some detail on my views - see profile if interested, ignore if not!

Enjoy the game folks!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
However, I do fancy Leeds in this one, didn't think Leeds were that bad at West Ham and could easily have gone onto win the game at one stage when they were dominating. If they can keep 10 men on the pitch (Ipswich) and avoid silly mistakes (West Ham) I think this could well be the night for an away win.

I really don't think that you guys are overachieving as such -very talented squad it seems to me and a manager who wants to play football the right way.

Enjoy the game folks!

Fair assesssment. I don't think we can play laid back football against Leeds. We going to have to rattle them. That's why I would put Lua Lua upfront (Suarez style Or Michael Owen style) alongside Barnes. Otherwise 0-0 as I forecasted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here