Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Ipswich Town *** Official Match Thread ***

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
According to their fans (or one of my mates anyway) they could be playing O’Brien, Dyche chooses to play Keane.
Dont think any of them starts if Branthwaite and Tarkowski are fit.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Yep. 8 points from four games under a new manager and trying to integrate new players and still unbeaten. Frustrating as it might have been, we’re beginning to sound like a whiny, entitled, impatient bunch.
No it doesn’t, we have seen this performance so much last season , fans just getting pissed off not be able to finish off inferior teams ,
nothing wrong in that

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
That was certainly our best chance. The other efforts seemed like half chances in comparison. Mitoma has to score there, no excuse.
He didn’t look where the keeper was , just had to place it in the right side of the goal , he would of normally put that away

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
This is simply not right. It was 6 shots on target. Which is a bit disappointing really.

Someone else said it reminded them of Burnley last season. I've gotta disagree, hardly any shots on target and barely any saves from their keeper. Just shite crosses from our wingers and Hinshelwood.
SAD…. You’ve got this unreasonable hatred/jealousy for Our Jack really bad haven’t you ? Did you have disappointment issues as a younger person ? Maybe failed at something you desperately wanted when you were Jacks age and cannot take another person reaching a successful stage in their career which quite unreasonably you find impossible to accept ? Just try to be happy for our Jack making his fledgling career in his chosen field, honestly, you may very well feel better about your own failings, it may help you to come to some sort of terms for your past disappointments and hopefully bring about some closure for you. Chin up Dwayne you can do it…….

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
You are going totally on reputation and one run where JP should have done much better than he did. We absolutely dominated the game and that’s the frustrating thing, dunno if we’ll have an easier chance of 3 points than that
I've just spoken to Ashley Barnes and he recon we'll get them against Wolves in the week :thumbsup:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
SAD…. You’ve got this unreasonable hatred/jealousy for Our Jack really bad haven’t you ? Did you have disappointment issues as a younger person ? Maybe failed at something you desperately wanted when you were Jacks age and cannot take another person reaching a successful stage in their career which quite unreasonably you find impossible to accept ? Just try to be happy for our Jack making his fledgling career in his chosen field, honestly, you may very well feel better about your own failings, it may help you to come to some sort of terms for your past disappointments and hopefully bring about some closure for you. Chin up Dwayne you can do it…….
Doesn't quite add up ... I love

Baleba
Minteh
Pedro
Verbruggen

Etc

I just don't rate him . Get over it !

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Was it not the same type of performance we usually get after an international break regardless of who the coach is?
Given our number of far away-internationals going to various continents, maybe Hurz & co should look into how we approach these games. Maybe its a good kind of fixture to start a couple of players who haven't played all that much.
I would rather go on the data than feelings.
If you look through data you'll find we don't win 9/10 of those games (nor should we, because this is football).

Data will tell you that if we want to take the next step and challenge for Europe nearly every season, we got to start getting a little bit more out of games against the bottom 5 than has been the case for the last.. 8 years.

mrjon1976

Found bliss in ignorance
Jul 25, 2011
gravesend
I would be more worried if we were struggling to break Ipswich down - from my side, I saw their GK making multiple good saves, and some of our play was exceptional (mainly in the 1st half).
2nd half was a bit less disciplined in parts but i subscribe to the theory of if you can't win, don't lose....
8 points from 4 games (and still unbeaten) with a new manager, players returning to the 1st team, new players settling in and a different style of play to get used to - I would have taken that in August. Also good practice for what Wolves and Forest will do this week - sit back and try to sneak a result.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Given our number of far away-internationals going to various continents, maybe Hurz & co should look into how we approach these games. Maybe its a good kind of fixture to start a couple of players who haven't played all that much.

If you look through data you'll find we don't win 9/10 of those games (nor should we, because this is football).

Data will tell you that if we want to take the next step and challenge for Europe nearly every season, we got to start getting a little bit more out of games against the bottom 5 than has been the case for the last.. 8 years.
Can you provide the data? I would interested to see it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He didn’t look where the keeper was , just had to place it in the right side of the goal , he would of normally put that away
He does put it more or less where he should. Just accept its a great save.

save.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here