Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Ipswich Town *** Official Match Thread ***

PlayMoran

May 19, 2023
Apart from 2 dangerous transitions, Brighton were dominant. Kardioglu really motored back to make amends for his lapse of concentration.

More players need to step up and start scoring. J.Pedro was really missed today in that regard. Lots of the attackers should be aiming to score 10 goals in all comps.

Mitoma needs to step up as a senior player. More goals are needed from him.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
i thought Ipswich would come and try to play the football we have all heard that they like to play. disappointed they came for a draw and 11 men behind the ball stuff.
inevitably normal service has resumed where we cant beat anyone who comes and plays the low block. Attack too slow and trying to walk into the goal. plus our wingers were shockingly awful.
Harsh on Ipswich that I think. It's really hard to find the balance in the prem. They are probably year or two ahead of their expected progress and kind of found themselves in the prem. If they play swashbuckling stuff at this level they get mullered and if you play shapeless stodgy defensive stuff like Sheffield utd etc you get mullered. So you have to find a way to stay tight, ride your luck and then have a threat when you can. That and make good changes that carry a threat late on. If you're their manager and fans you'd say they nailed all that.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
i thought Ipswich would come and try to play the football we have all heard that they like to play. disappointed they came for a draw and 11 men behind the ball stuff.
inevitably normal service has resumed where we cant beat anyone who comes and plays the low block. Attack too slow and trying to walk into the goal. plus our wingers were shockingly awful.

They did first half a bit but second half they were much more forward going. I though they played well tbh, seen worse (Everton).

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
It was the smart decision as evidenced by the result. Teams that play either have to be Man City/Liverpool/Arse good (and even then we can give them a run for their money) or they get pulled apart.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If that’s what McKenna-ball looks like then f*** it, glad he stayed there

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Where was our plan b?
I think that's the most disappointing thing. The second half of last season we played so many games where we didn't look like scoring a goal.

Today, with £70m of new attackers on show, a full complement of wingers....we still didn't look like scoring a goal. And we didn't do anything differently when we started to struggle.

Very frustrating to watch. Hopefully our new coach finds some different ideas next week. Hopefully with Pedro fit

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think that's the most disappointing thing. The second half of last season we played so many games where we didn't look like scoring a goal.

Today, with £70m of new attackers on show, a full complement of wingers....we still didn't look like scoring a goal. And we didn't do anything differently when we started to struggle.

Very frustrating to watch. Hopefully our new coach finds some different ideas next week. Hopefully with Pedro fit

We regressed in the last 20 minutes, a lack of cool heads.

Dumb half challenges giving them the chance to collapse to the ground.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Does that mean you’re blaming the manager for today’s result?
This is simply not right. It was 6 shots on target. Which is a bit disappointing really.

Someone else said it reminded them of Burnley last season. I've gotta disagree, hardly any shots on target and barely any saves from their keeper. Just shite crosses from our wingers and Hinshelwood.
It means neither of you have understood that I was referring to the xG and shots stats that were in the post I quoted.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It means neither of you have understood that I was referring to the xG and shots stats that were in the post I quoted.

I was just watching the highlights. We had three clear cut chances ..... All in one move. That's it. Rest were half chances, and that's really disappointing. Under potter and de zerbi we were wasteful against the bottom 6 teams but we used to create a few good chances.

Feel a bit flat after today. Spoilt I know.

Sep 28, 2023
It's amazing how two people can see the same thing, but so differently!

Although not in the 'Ginger Ninja, How Big Are Your Muscles? I drive a Range Rover' Dwayne of old (for all you younger viewers!) camp that can't stand Hinshelwood, I was pleased when he was taken off and replaced for Ferdi as I didn't think he has a particularly good game. And his set pieces were generally poor
Regarding set pieces, I felt we really missed Pascal today.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I was just watching the highlights. We had three clear cut chances ..... All in one move. That's it. Rest were half chances, and that's really disappointing. Under potter and de zerbi we were wasteful against the bottom 6 teams but we used to create a few good chances.

Feel a bit flat after today. Spoilt I know.
If you say so.

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
Already posted this on the Premier League thread but it's relevant.

I’m finding it quite hard to believe I am stressing over losing our Champions League place! It’s still September ffs. :ROFLMAO:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
My moment of the match was Evan collecting the ball on the edge of the box and just curling it past the post, he wasn’t on for long but that bit of play reminded me what a great player he is when he’s fit. I’m really looking forward to him getting back in, it’ll be like a new signing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here