Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Ipswich Town *** Official Match Thread ***

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I find Hurzeler's comments that he made after the game a bit strange: This is Fabian speaking to BBC Match of the Day "Today we did everything to win the game. We had enough chances to win and defended well enough to win the game, so in the end, I'm happy with the performance."

"We could have created more, we know this, but Ipswich are not a bad team."

"I didn't understand the fourth official. Last game, at the Emirates, we watched the clock and saw how much additional time there was and he said: "He will add it".

"In the end, he will add three minutes and for me, that is two substitutions. We had more subs, plus corners, injuries. I think nobody can understand it.

"Even when I asked the referee, he couldn't give me an answer."

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
If Ipswich are not a bad team then who are the sides that should be three points guaranteed? We'll see where Ipswich are in the return game, in mid January.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
If Ipswich are not a bad team then who are the sides that should be three points guaranteed? We'll see where Ipswich are in the return game, in mid January.
There are no guaranteed points in this league.

mile oak

May 21, 2023
is it me or do have new speakers that look like they are hung and about to collapse around the ground. Look awful and sounded awful.
What was equally awful were the traitors parked in front of the goal that occasionally ran down the hill and nearly netted into our goal but overall how sad must you be to watch that tripe from east anglia - thank f*ck we can create some great passages pf play to entertain our fans just a shame for all the shot we had so few on target and even half of them your granny could've saved. MOM Van Hecke absolutely outstanding - hope he told the others in the dressing room "I did more than my bit what did you strikers and assisting midfielders do" Shame Pedro was absent as it really fantast league team and he would've easily scored a hatrick today.

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
You’re sounding pretty entitled.

Ipswich aren’t a “bad team”. They’re in the top 20 best teams in England. With an excellent coach that we tried pretty hard to poach.

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
is it me or do have new speakers that look like they are hung and about to collapse around the ground. Look awful and sounded awful.
What was equally awful were the traitors parked in front of the goal that occasionally ran down the hill and nearly netted into our goal but overall how sad must you be to watch that tripe from east anglia - thank f*ck we can create some great passages pf play to entertain our fans just a shame for all the shot we had so few on target and even half of them your granny could've saved. MOM Van Hecke absolutely outstanding - hope he told the others in the dressing room "I did more than my bit what did you strikers and assisting midfielders do" Shame Pedro was absent as it really fantast league team and he would've easily scored a hatrick today.
I tried reading that twice and now need some painkillers. Cheers.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
A quality performance from Brighton. 8 times out of ten we would have won that game.
Some of the passing play was superb.

A 1-0 win would have had us dreaming of Europe again. We are looking like an accomplished top half side with masses of potential.
I came away from the game frustrated and disappointed, but hugely encouraged by some of the passages of play we produced.

We're certainly going in the right direction.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Look it's been a good if fortuitous start to the season but that was poor. None of our attacking players performed and Ipswich will almost certainly go down. They got a point today whilst being nowhere near on song.

This is going to take time. Players injured and/or new to the club. Quite a strange style of play to implement. I worry about this whole lack of midfield focus thing, nobody wins most of their matches without a midfield. Still, at least we have Baleba who played like two men today.
Be very interesting to see where we are at Christmas.

Last edited:

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Say what?

Has this been put through a translator?

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Hinshelwood played well and got better as the game went on. He's genuinely a really good player. I was quite surprised he went off and today was the first time I saw he could definitely do it in midfield. Perhaps even more so than ful back. His passing and positions were good and he's definitely beefed out a bit.
It's amazing how two people can see the same thing, but so differently!

Although not in the 'Ginger Ninja, How Big Are Your Muscles? I drive a Range Rover' Dwayne of old (for all you younger viewers!) camp that can't stand Hinshelwood, I was pleased when he was taken off and replaced for Ferdi as I didn't think he has a particularly good game. And his set pieces were generally poor

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
It's amazing how two people can see the same thing, but so differently!

Although not in the 'Ginger Ninja, How Big Are Your Muscles? I drive a Range Rover' Dwayne of old (for all you younger viewers!) camp that can't stand Hinshelwood, I was pleased when he was taken off and replaced for Ferdi as I didn't think he has a particularly good game. And his set pieces were generally poor
Indeed. We all see different things and different moments and biases stick in the mind. I felt he was growing into the game and exerting influence. And that his corners were pretty decent! 🤷

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
i thought Ipswich would come and try to play the football we have all heard that they like to play. disappointed they came for a draw and 11 men behind the ball stuff.
inevitably normal service has resumed where we cant beat anyone who comes and plays the low block. Attack too slow and trying to walk into the goal. plus our wingers were shockingly awful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here