Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion Vs Ipswich Town ***Official Match Thread***

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Getting a bad feeling about this one now - sorry, just seems it's not our night. Why oh why can't we have a nice 4-1 (like Fulham tonight) just once in a while.............?

Because chickens are coming home to roost. The magnificent start to the season, became mainly draws as goals dried up and/or very preventable goals were conceded. An awful Charlton team should've been 4-0 up at h/t after ripping the ageing and mistake prone defence apart.

Now over to TB and his cheque book, yet again.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Listening to this, we should have started with Wilson and Zamora. Probably would have gone up, then could have changed things and sat back.
We have played 442 all season with success why change it now? Onwards and upwards, get through Wolves at home and then a week off with the FA Cup. Promotion is still in our hands.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Play some of the kids against Wolves, this lot are obviously knackered.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
[tweet]681951955497914370[/tweet]

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We have played 442 all season with success why change it now? Onwards and upwards, get through Wolves at home and then a week off with the FA Cup. Promotion is still in our hands.

We changed from 442 becuase we appear to have run out of fit players. This is the most injury ravaged squad I can remember since I started supporting in '85.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
To be expected with all our injuries. We have lost too many good players and the likes of Hemed, Murphy (both league 1 players at best) and Calde (I hate to say) just aren't good enough. Dunk has always been and will always be a liability because he can't concentrate for 90 mins. He should of been the senior centre back today but it sounded like Goldson was the better out of the two. Missed Greer's experience today. Unless we can strengthen or get our key players back we are going to struggle.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Here we go. The bedwetters and moaners coming out after having to shiver in the darkness of Albion doing well for a few months. Must be loving it.

Three points from 5 games is by no means enough, no-one is suggesting that surely, but they have been a very tough five games against the top two, a team who had a top scorer back for just the one game against us, and two teams going well: Brentford score for fun, Ipswich have best away record in division. Let's just see this run in that context.

TBH, I thought Dec + Wolves game would be the make or break for Albion, and it seems it is more break than make. But it is not over yet. Eight points clear of 7th, four behind second.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
In freefall shite

Hardly. P 24; W 11; D 11; L 2 (with 7 - yes seven first teamers out injured) is hardly freefall.

Put it into perspective - would ManU have won all the titles they won if they'd had Cantona, Keane, Giggs, Scholes, Beckham, Butt and Neville* all sidelined at the same time, for lengthy periods? No - I think they might have had a bit of a blip too! We're doing OK - maybe we'll recover our early season form (hopefully) or maybe not - but whatever it is, it ain't freefall to lose two!

*OK, I realise that those seven might not all have been in the first team at ManU at the same time, but my point still stands.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'd rather be where we are (that's 8 points clear of 7th) with transfers expected next month than Fulham with a transfer embargo.

So would I (I'm sure you're not idiotic enough to think otherwise) - I would just like to win 4-1 once in a while, and to be able to relax and enjoy the last quarter of a match.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
We changed from 442 becuase we appear to have run out of fit players. This is the most injury ravaged squad I can remember since I started supporting in '85.
totally agree with the injuries but we could have started with 442. Sadly couldn't make it tonight but as soon as I saw the team I thought we were set up not to lose as opposed to win. I'm still confident that we can make the top six.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here