Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Everton *** Official Match Thread ***

edchan102

Aug 21, 2020
Today lost had kick us back from heaven. Hope it remind Potter the squad still isn't good enough. And we'll add some players before the window close.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
They’re huge spenders over the last few seasons but lacked consistency and discipline. Benitez will give them that. They’ll be decent this season. But after the first half at Burnley which was just the oddest thing ever from Potter this is a little bit of a worry.

And for all that money it was £1.7m Demarai Gray that was tearing us to shreds on the counter. They have an excellent squad and they’re going to be a real proposition under Benitez. I think our performance was hindered by the lack of players availability and therefore width, we had absolutely nothing to frighten Everton on either wing so they kept the middle marshalled and we had no options going forward.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
At the game. Disappointing reality check for us I feel. We weren't at the pace of the game. Bissouma was excellent , Sanchez made a few good stops but distribution again suspect at times. Comfortably beaten by the better team.

Must comment on the very poor decision to play a terribly awkward and out of position Veltman at left wing back in the second half. Desperate for immediate first team player for that position.

Lightweight up front, didn't look like scoring today.

All in all, outplayed by a better side and it won't be the last time.

Onto the next game, hopefully with a striker and left back before the window closes, sorely lacking in those areas.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I think it's fair to say that unlike last season we got exactly what we deserved today. That was men against boys. Everton looked sharper, faster, stronger and better organised than us.

We were poor for sure but had no idea how to a) break Everton down or b) stop them when they had the ball.

If it wasn't clear before, the importance of having cover in every position should be now.

Ah well, could be worse. We could be Arsenal...

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Everton *** Official Match Thread ***

Awful today. Worst performance for a while against an expensive but average side. If that isn’t a wake up call for the recruitment department I don’t know what is.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Oh well, never mind. More important things to bother over.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Usual toys out of pram comments. We lost, so it was our worst performance ever, all players are crap, Potter and barber out! We need a striker, lwb - in fact replace the entire defence, midfielders and goalkeeper. We're going down.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Terribly disappointing. Likely to get worse before it gets better. Fairly certain that those on here that are expecting new signings in this window will also be disappointed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I see Everton fans now love Benitez after despising him 2 weeks ago. Is there a more fickle embarrassing fanbase in the country?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Usual toys out of pram comments. We lost, so it was our worst performance ever, all players are crap, Potter and barber out! We need a striker, lwb - in fact replace the entire defence, midfielders and goalkeeper. We're going down.

We do need cover in the wingback positions ??? Today’s match, and a significant part of last season, was living proof of how light we are in those positions. Sometimes we muddle through by putting square pegs in round holes. Unfortunately, today wasn’t one of those days. Don’t think pointing that out is “toys out of pram” personally :shrug:

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
We had absolutely no outlet wide. Gross, Moder, Veltman and Webstwr all slow and had to play the ball back and inside. Totally different game with Lamptey, Solly, Cucurella or even Karbownik. Hope to see Cucurella join and maybe an unexpected Izquierdo type replacement.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Terribly disappointing. Likely to get worse before it gets better. Fairly certain that those on here that are expecting new signings in this window will also be disappointed.

Bollox.

The recruitment team will surely be kicked into gear?

We desperately, desperately need a new LWB, Striker, RWB and maybe a pacy winger.

Tony will know the score and will bash some heads. I expect a minimum of 2 signings in the next 3 days and by Christ, I think it’ll happen, it has to.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Difficult game. They were quite simply better and are going to end up above Brighton in the league table. Certainly didnt help that three out of four wing-backs are injured and the fourth not match fit.

Sanchez did well today, perhaps should have gone out a bit earlier on the first goal but thats one of those things you learn through experience.

The defense had a pretty busy day and though none of them were bad, they've all had better days. Rough for Moder and Gross obviously but I think Pascal did ok.

Bissouma lost a few balls but overall very good, not easy for him being the only physical presence in midfield when they were as strong as they were. Lallana and Macallister were eaten alive.

Dont think Trossard was as poor as some say, he had a couple of nice actions and found the few spaces that actually existed. Maupay played well up front and did the most with the little he got.

The subs... Veltman looked a bit rusty, Richards quite lively, Welbeck barely touched the ball but not really his fault - good to see him back anyway.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So you are Potter.

Who do you have at left back?

Veltman is probably the best option with Burn & March injured. I suppose the fact we haven’t got Cucurella over the line is all Potter’s fault?
Since you ask the question, I'd have preferred Alzate at LWB, with Moder further forward in preference to Trossard today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here