Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Everton *** Official Match Thread ***

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
They are absolutely slating VAR on 5 Live. I think it was soft but can see how it was given. Certainly not as incorrect or a 'joke decision' as these pundits are stating.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What decision was wrong?

"Sometimes you have to get wrong decisions given your way" doesn't necessarily have to apply only to today - however, getting that penalty (which was certainly not clear and obvious) through VAR fits the bill.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Different game once Schellotto came on.:lolol: Trossard did OK too.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The penalty decision was 100 % correct. The defender clearly stood on Connolly’s boot. I’m not sure why people are saying we were lucky as apart from a few short periods Everton were very pedestrian. We had the more clear cut chances.
They had more shots on goal, and more shots on target. Be reasonable - if we were Everton we'd feel we'd been robbed!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
It wasn’t a penalty for me, I’d be fuming if that had been given against us.

But we’ve not had any luck so far this season and definitely earnt it so I will take it.

Overall poor performance with one man almost solely turning it round for us but after playing a million times better and either losing or drawing in other games this season, the most important thing was the 3 points today.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
They had more shots on goal, and more shots on target. Be reasonable - if we were Everton we'd feel we'd been robbed!

I’m very much of the view that it’s all swings and roundabouts. We’ve had some bad luck recently. It’s about time we had a bit of good fortune because our play has been pretty decent so far this season.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It wasn’t a penalty for me, I’d be fuming if that had been given against us.

But we’ve not had any luck so far this season and definitely earnt it so I will take it.

Overall poor performance with one man almost solely turning it round for us but after playing a million times better and either losing or drawing in other games this season, the most important thing was the 3 points today.
Exactly - people now trying to claim the luck wasn't with us today, the penalty was nailed on, etc, are getting carried away. Bit of after-timing in the air, methinks.

We deserved to win, a). because we kept going and b). because we got a long awaited rub of the green which has been denied us in at least 3 or 4 matches this season so far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here