Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Crystal Palace *** Official Match Thread ***

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
That was a hard watch. A bit toothless all round.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Pretty rubbish. We still have no plan for teams who don't attack much. The teams we've beaten lately all pour forward and give you space to attack. Palace will sit in and can be pretty confident we're not going to get through them. Maupay and Trossard are feeding on scraps.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
No idea why that wasn't a foul against Ali mac.

He backed in and Ward went for the ball. It wasn't a foul, but neither was the shitty one given against Lallana where we were punished. I think the ref is having a good game.

Shame we aren't

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I've been impressed with Veltman again, besides that it's the same old story - lots of possession, sod all to show for it.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Wondering if we thrive where opponents attack eg Liverpool.

Yet grind to a halt against teams with 10 or 11 men behind the ball. Classic Hodgson, let another team pass, then play long out balls down the flanks.

View attachment 134131
That is extremely depressing

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Palace sitting so deep, it's pretty much put trossard and maupay out of the game. Keep throwing the ball into the box, I'm sure one of our midfield will be able to keep the ball down eventually

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Complete opposite to the Villa game , this is so bad it’s untrue.
The crossing is so bad , every single time , never gets to our player head or feet.
Quality crossing , not just close your eyes and hit it

Dunk and Burn and White must have passed to themselves 100 times and that is not an exaggeration

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Maupay off Welbeck on, give trossard 10 minutes if he doesn’t liven up get him off. Not acceptable to plunder around the pitch lackadaisically in what the players know is a massive game for us.

I’m more disappointed why the manner of how we’ve played than even being 1-0 down, we haven’t looked like scoring and the attacking decision making and defending on their goal stinks of an arrogant team.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Too much passing between the centre backs. All of our attacking players have been poor. Bad defending by Burn for the goal.

Lallana and Welbeck on now please.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
That’s what happens when you sign a striker. Burn and alzate off at half time for welbeck and connolly. No point playing defenders home to a team that cross halfway line once every 15 mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Albion seem set up well enough tonight. Game plan is working.

There is definitely a personnel issue there though. Enough forays into the final third but it's all so tame.

Changes needed from the bench.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here