Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Chelsea *** Official Match Thread ***

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Today’s not about the result given we’ll inevitably lose, it’s about giving Them hell from the stands

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Has there ever been such a strange game. One simple line from Potter like "you weren't good enough to come with me" would put anyone in their place. Trossard, meanwhile, is playing knowing he will be there in January. Personally, I'm in the cheer for Hughton & Poyet camp for what they did for us and in the same way should be cheering Potter for putting us in 9th last season. But it's the way he went, along with nicking our entire backroom staff plus more. As for Bruno. I shed tears when he walked around the pitch after the Man City game and I'm sure TB would have kept him here for life. So despite everything that Potter and co done for the club, I'm going to boo them all until I go hoarse.
ps. Potter will time his arrival perfectly to coincide with the singing of GOSBTS

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
58 Quid each for 2 of the worst tickets in the ground, just to Lustily Booooo.
I knew we'd regret giving up our Season tickets.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Slept badly last night for the first time in yonks. I can only put it down to excitement at today's game and the edge it will be played with.

Can't wait.

Bring it on.

(Right until we go one down inside five minutes)

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
This is a head v heart fixture. My head knows that Chelsea are more likely to win, but my heart really wants a victory. When Keegan managed Newcastle he got wound up over something and said on tv “ I would love it , just love it if we beat them” . I guess that’s how it is today.
I don’t care about the stats being against us, I don’t care how big they are, I just want to see us absolutely stuff them , anyway it takes . Albion forever! :albion2:

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I’m having a terrible run of bad news and luck lately, I think I will spend the day in bed.
A wet and dreary start to the day here in Brighton, considering our track record against Chelsea, I’m not optimistic at all.
However, records & bad luck are all there to be changed and broken….

Come on Trossard, you can be massive today, think of it as an interview….

Albion till I die.
Hope it improves for you soon. UTA

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Really hope veltman is fit, he will be a massive loss if not.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Has someone been round and nailed everything down? Oh and make sure someone checks Potter’s pockets before he goes.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Has someone been round and nailed everything down? Oh and make sure someone checks Potter’s pockets before he goes.
Wonder which Chelsea player has been selected to tell Sanchez what he could earn there every time they get a corner?

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Really hope veltman is fit, he will be a massive loss if not.
We could have a few selection problems at the back, if both Velts and Lamptey are unfit to start. That leaves left footed Solly as our only option on the right defence/wingback. Therefore, can't really see us playing a back 4, meaning Van Hecke in line for a first PL start.

Also with AL a possible doubt, I wonder if Billy will be given a runout to prove to Chelsea they should not have sold him?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We could have a few selection problems at the back, if both Velts and Lamptey are unfit to start. That leaves left footed Solly as our only option on the right defence/wingback. Therefore, can't really see us playing a back 4, meaning Van Hecke in line for a first PL start.

Also with AL a possible doubt, I wonder if Billy will be given a runout to prove to Chelsea they should not have sold him?
deZ said AL was okay in his press conference

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Webster has played RB before, and RCB a fair bit. Van Hecke could come in. Ditto Estupinan. So if not Veltman or Lamptey, we could play as a three:
Webster -- Dunk -- Estupinan
Webster -- Dunk -- Van Hecke
As a four, we could play:
Webster -- Van Hecke -- Dunk -- Estupinan
With a back three, Tross and March as advanced wing backs (on this, see today's article on Chelsea's 'wing backs' by Jacob Steinberg).
There are no doubt other options too.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Yup, that was an horrendous day. I went in the East stand (normally went in the North) in an attempt to be away from the Chelsea goons but was surrounded by the buggers. Horrible day and I don't remember the actual game at all. I'm sure some of our lot enjoyed it but I certainly didn't.
Last time my dad would ever stand at a game. We were on the terrace in front of the Lego stand and he got us moved at half time. Just as well as that is where they poured on from. Nearly got kicked by a police horse after the game. Can still hear the "One Man Went to Mow" song. Had to wait until I went on my own before I stood at a game again.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Last of the "Big 6" we haven't beaten in the PL. What better time to change it?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Last time my dad would ever stand at a game. We were on the terrace in front of the Lego stand and he got us moved at half time. Just as well as that is where they poured on from. Nearly got kicked by a police horse after the game. Can still hear the "One Man Went to Mow" song. Had to wait until I went on my own before I stood at a game again.
The only 'good' thing about it was the pitch invasion at the end as it meant I could get away afterwards relatively easily.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Webster has played RB before, and RCB a fair bit. Van Hecke could come in. Ditto Estupinan. So if not Veltman or Lamptey, we could play as a three:
Webster -- Dunk -- Estupinan
Webster -- Dunk -- Van Hecke
As a four, we could play:
Webster -- Van Hecke -- Dunk -- Estupinan
With a back three, Tross and March as advanced wing backs (on this, see today's article on Chelsea's 'wing backs' by Jacob Steinberg).
There are no doubt other options too.
But whatever way you look at it, it is potentially an untried new defence. I really don't fancy Webster as a straight up right back tbh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here