Date: Saturday 29th October 2022
Kick-off: 15:00 BST
Referee: Andy Madley
Assistants: Derek Eaton, Steve Meredith
Fourth Official: Sam Allison
VAR: Lee Mason
Additional VAR: Lee Betts

TEAM NEWS

Brighton & Hove Albion pair Kaoru Mitoma and Adam Lallana are back in training and should be available to face Chelsea.

Levi Colwill is ineligible to face his parent club, while Joel Veltman is a doubt because of a calf problem.

Chelsea head coach Graham Potter will return to his previous club without several key players.

Kalidou Koulibaly's knee issue will be assessed.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• Chelsea are unbeaten in 17 matches against Brighton since a 2-1 FA Cup away defeat in their first meeting in January 1933 (W12, D5).
  • The Seagulls haven't led in any of the 10 Premier League meetings.
  • However, four of the five most recent encounters ended in a draw.
Albion
  • Albion have only earned two points from their past five league fixtures. Leeds are the sole top-flight club with a worse record over that period.
  • Roberto de Zerbi could become the first permanent manager in seven years to go six games without a win from the start of his Premier League career. Remi Garde had to wait 10 matches for his first victory at Aston Villa in 2015-16.
  • Brighton are one short of 100 top-flight wins.
  • They are one of just three sides yet to concede in the final 15 minutes of a Premier League game this season, along with Arsenal and Southampton.
Chelsea
  • Chelsea are unbeaten in all nine competitive matches under Graham Potter, winning six.
  • The Blues have gone six league games without defeat, with two draws following four straight wins. On each of the last three occasions Chelsea had a six-match unbeaten top-flight run, they lost their next league fixture.
  • Potter spent three full seasons as Brighton & Hove Albion head coach and guided the club to its highest ever top-flight finish of ninth in 2021-22.
  • Raheem Sterling is one short of 50 Premier League away goals. He is the only player to score a top-flight hat-trick at Amex Stadium, in Manchester City's 5-0 win in July 2020.
  • Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has gone five Premier League appearances without a goal versus Brighton.

Robert De Zerbi's Chelsea Press Conference

Last edited:

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Heading off shortly for the long trip down Souf - UTA!

Who remembers this!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I’m having a terrible run of bad news and luck lately, I think I will spend the day in bed.
A wet and dreary start to the day here in Brighton, considering our track record against Chelsea, I’m not optimistic at all.
However, records & bad luck are all there to be changed and broken….

Come on Trossard, you can be massive today, think of it as an interview….

Albion till I die.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Heading off shortly for the long trip down Souf - UTA!

Who remembers this!
Yup, that was an horrendous day. I went in the East stand (normally went in the North) in an attempt to be away from the Chelsea goons but was surrounded by the buggers. Horrible day and I don't remember the actual game at all. I'm sure some of our lot enjoyed it but I certainly didn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here