Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Burnley *** Official Match Thread ***

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
It would be disrespectful of Burnley to moan and moan that we didn't put the game to bed. They came for a point and they defended very well. Mee and Pope particularly good, but, from them it was the type of team performance that Chris Hughton would have been very happy with when trying to lift us out of a rut. Dyche has the same approach and his team worked very hard tonight, mostly made sure that we were playing in front of them and defended extremely well.

We knocked it around very well. Welbeck looked promising, but we missed Solly as an attacking option. BDB did his best, but doesn't have the ability to pull things out of shape. Eight games in, very frustrating home record, but its a young team that needs to bed in. When it eventually comes, I think that it will stay.

If u think solly 3 good game in 7 years is the answer that that explains what’s wrong with half our support clueless !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Forget the shit some want to hide behind:

We're toothless
We have a poor keeper, who kicks a football like an under 13 and wastes time when we need to hurry up
We play exhibition football
We have very poor coaches that manage to take attacking situations and end up as being defensive
Our corners are ****
We have a manager that thinks Gross is good enough to make a difference
We have no fight far too sodding nice

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
The Potter era...
Too much emphasis on how to play football.
Not enough on how to win football matches.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Leaving some of you to the exaggerated hyperbole that follows.......we failed to score with a new attacking line-up, they parked the bus and put in a ridiculous number of blocks. Easily the better team but work to be done. Disappointing ? Absolutely. Dogshit, embarrassing, shockingly bad etc ? Get some perspective maybe.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Forget the shit some want to hide behind:

We're toothless
We have a poor keeper, who kicks a football like an under 13 and wastes time when we need to hurry up
We play exhibition football
We have very poor coaches that manage to take attacking situations and end up as being defensive
Our corners are ****
We have a manager that thinks Gross is good enough to make a difference
We have no fight far too sodding nice

Hide behind or just plain talking it?

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
So let’s get this straight.

You would bin the manager who kept us UP last season. And swap him for a manager who took one of the 3 teams DOWN last season.

What a ridiculous idea. Thank goodness the club have more sense then that.

Yes and that was also to sack a manager that had kept us up for two seasons [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
You always know what you will get with Brighton - they passed 100 Premier League shots for the season in this game. Only Liverpool have had more. They rank sixth in the league for possession too.

The neutrals and a lot of our fans will also see we're only a striker's hot feet run of form into scoring some goals and winning some games. Everything else is in place. Clean sheet - check. Dominating - check. Creating chances - check. Just the one thing to fix then. :thumbsup:

I genuinely believe Wellbeck can be the man.
He's different up top. Maupay has less presence, and is good when he is good, but Wellbeck offers a more rounded option.
I think the first effort was actually a really good save from Pope. You can see he is more of an instinctive finisher than Maupay, and he was linking up beautifully with AL and TL. We just have to keep the poorly bugger fit.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
You always know what you will get with Brighton - they passed 100 Premier League shots for the season in this game. Only Liverpool have had more. They rank sixth in the league for possession too.

The neutrals and a lot of our fans will also see we're only a striker's hot feet run of form into scoring some goals and winning some games. Everything else is in place. Clean sheet - check. Dominating - check. Creating chances - check. Just the one thing to fix then. :thumbsup:

That would be the one thing we all want but never get. Right?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Never ceases to amaze me how folk still resort to emotional outbursts after frustrating performances then off sage like advice about everything that is wrong with the team. Often after a positive assessment of prospects at the start. Is there not a stage at which one grows out of that ?

If one of those chances had gone in tonight most of those folk would suddenly be crowing. It's like all reason leaves the noodles when Albion play.

Frustrating tonight. Some great individual and team moments. Struggled to break down their defence.

On to the next match.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Yes and that was also to sack a manager that had kept us up for two seasons [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

who was subsequently unemployed for 15 months whilst holding out for a Premier League job that never came along. He subsequently took a role with a team in the relegation zone in the Championship. I wonder why?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
He's different up top. Maupay has less presence, and is good when he is good, but Wellbeck offers a more rounded option.
I think the first effort was actually a really good save from Pope. You can see he is more of an instinctive finisher than Maupay, and he was linking up beautifully with AL and TL. We just have to keep the poorly bugger fit.

Plenty to Like about Welbeck.
The problem he is not, and never has been, a prolific goal scorer.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Keep Welbeck fit and get him fitter and I think he will score quite a few goals this season. Don't forget he hasn't played much the last few months.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here