Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Burnley *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Tonight I will mainly be drinking cider of a good strength.

Good man.

MAIN-frosty-jacks-diamond-white.jpg

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I cannot for the life of me know why Alzate was ever dropped. At least 3 or 4 players have had a run of bad or average games and kept their places. Alzate was on form and one of our most consistent performers. How he can pick Gross in front of him I will never know. He offers a lot more pace and goal threat. I felt positive that he would start today and hoped it would be in place of Trossard who has been poor in the last few games. Let’s hope GP has got it right because a loss today will put a lot of pressure on him. We are getting used to losing against teams around us.

I have to say this is the real query for me. The Gross of the first season was fine but he's gone a little backwards notwithstanding the injury issues. Just feel that Alzate gives a little more pace and more importantly the time and space for good distribution.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I’m just astounded snail Gross gets in the starting 11 and Alzate is sitting on the bench. Also we have a defensive minded bonafide international midfielder in Molumby playing for the U23s and a CB being shoe horned into that role.

Was part of Whites new contract that he has to start every game? Smacks of us desperate to keep his transfer value high to me.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
In all honesty, it doesn't really, matter what team GP puts out tonight, nobody will be satisfied.
We'll either have a plethora of positivity tonight when we win, or the usual self inflicted implosion of negativity, if it goes bandy.

I know it doesn't matter - it's just my opinion! If we win I'll be delighted, and accept that Potter knows more than I do - but I still won't like this team selection!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here