Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Burnley *** Official Match Thread ***

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Gone in harder than usual tonight- wine, beer and just ordered Pizza. Had the shits this week so it's a big risk.
COME ON THE ALBION!

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
I think this will be an exciting game.
Stephens will give them a few tips to score against us and will be well up for it , which will then force us to really go at them.
I'm going for a nerve jangling 90 minutes
Burnley 2-3 Brighton.

Stephens to Burnley team. “Here’s how to score lads, set pieces”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Burn is fine as a full back but I'm not sure he's a wing back.

I think we'll start with the 4-2-2-2 we played a lot last season but I'll probably be totally wrong obviously!:

-----------------------Ryan
---Lamptey - Webster - Veltman - Burn
--------------White - Bissouma
----------------Gross - Lallana
--------------Maupay - Welbeck

This is the formation - surely?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
7d654f29193a78a602fb696d3649d01c.jpg

Presume March is injured, which obviously necessitates some changes, but other than that, I do not like this team selection. Would have preferred another game (at least) for Sanchez, and Alzate in the team too. Don't know why Steele makes the bench ahead of Sanchez either.
Are some players ill - Covid or otherwise - or is this just the team and squad that GP wants?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It's obvious what has happened. Sanchez, Alzate and Trossard had a massive BRAWL, but Ryan and Maupay steamed in to separate them thus earning their places back in the side. This will all be reported in the Daily Mail tomorrow.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Even more surprising regarding alzate . Been outstanding looks a decent prospect then gets dropped for “ treacle boots “

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cannot for the life of me know why Alzate was ever dropped. At least 3 or 4 players have had a run of bad or average games and kept their places. Alzate was on form and one of our most consistent performers. How he can pick Gross in front of him I will never know. He offers a lot more pace and goal threat. I felt positive that he would start today and hoped it would be in place of Trossard who has been poor in the last few games. Let’s hope GP has got it right because a loss today will put a lot of pressure on him. We are getting used to losing against teams around us.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Presume March is injured, which obviously necessitates some changes, but other than that, I do not like this team selection. Would have preferred another game (at least) for Sanchez, and Alzate in the team too. Don't know why Steele makes the bench ahead of Sanchez either.
Are some players ill - Covid or otherwise - or is this just the team and squad that GP wants?

In all honesty, it doesn't really, matter what team GP puts out tonight, nobody will be satisfied.
We'll either have a plethora of positivity tonight when we win, or the usual self inflicted implosion of negativity, if it goes bandy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here