Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Bristol City *** Official Match Thread ***

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So what was your edit at 11.56 for then?

I have no idea what you're talking about :whistle:

(I'm fully aware that it would show up that I had edited, that was the joke of it, and why I included the smilie)

"Spectacular" according to BBC Radio Bristol. No chance David James. Thanks you Calde.

It really was. I'm not usually overly effusive about the quality of a goal, but that was a fantastic shot that even I reacted to the brilliance of.

yellow for Barnesy , could have been a red.

Nonsense. It shouldn't even have been a yellow, and if the Kompany/Johnson thing hadn't happened in the past week it wouldn't have even been a free kick. He toe poked the ball so his studs were down, it was barely a lunge, he wasn't out of control. That yellow was a product of the current atmosphere of football.

just a sighter

It would have been had they passed to him again. I swear there were three or four times after this that Barnes got into some great positions, but they never seemed to pass to him. And that sighter was a little behind him via a deflection, when he wanted it in front of him so he had to readjust first. It still got a worse reaction than the navarro one that almost hit the screen.

What? How on earth can a towering pile of 10,000-odd noisy hardcore Albion faithful know better than some repetitive semi-literate bores who post on here? No names, no pack drill, obviously.

Barnes had a good game, I don't think any player had a bad game today. That one errant shot was his worst moment, yet some idiots near me were criticising him as they always do, expecting him to chase the ball all over the pitch, as if they have no understanding of positional discipline, job role, etc. He largely played on the left wing, and in the first half he was out there, the ball came down the right wing, CMS went to collect the ball, and Buckley (who had been playing on the right) came inside a little, but stopped. CMS played it a little way ahead of Buckley expecting him to continue, and Barnes was criticised for not getting it when he was on the ft wing and buckley should have taken cms's space after cms came out to the right. (I think he was also criticised for Navarro's first half shot that went narrowly over)

Gus having a go at the JCL's for not understanding how the beautiful game is played at the Stadium of Flair ?

I get annoyed by our fans at the best of time, but they were so much worse today. If the players listened to them, bridcutt would have shot instead of laying it off to calderon for his screamer, we would lose possession more because we only ever try to pass it forward even if the pass isn't on. 1-0 up, playing it just to the half way line was criticised. There was a corner in the first half where it was played along the ground toward the edge of the box and the crowd started to groan, then they realised it went to one of our players who tried to shoot and a bit of a scramble, which made the groan turn into more of a cheer.

Today the fans were particularly impatient, I could understand it if we were trailing or level, but when we're 1-0 up, keeping possession is surely good thing? Especially when the options are either not on, or have a high risk of interception. It was annoying.

Dad was worried by Bridders clapping all the stands as he left the pitch. He worries about the smalles things :lolol:

He usually does, but is often in CMS's shadow, as CMS seems to make sure he walks all the way round the pitch rather than standing centre circle and doing a 360.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
On a good day I hate to see a down side but felt that the obvious lack of width on the left with neither Lua Lua or Noone made it difficult for us to move foreward down that side and this coupled with the injury to JFC plus Vincelot being very right footed meant we struggled on that side. They could have exploited this and if they had been a better team would probably have done so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here