Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Brentford *** Official Match Thread ***

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
So who in the ground were the first to know Leo had scored?

I'm guessing NW Corner?

For me in the east I had about 10 minutes of wondering if it was going to spin wide of our near post, or not.

We made up for it by staring down the barrel of the second.

This is worth its own thread. From the north end of WSU when it came off his foot the ball was initially bending from right to left (a draw in golf terms) and heading wide of the goal. Then miraculously, the ball started bending from left to right (a fade) and end up in the net. Not really seen an angle that does the magic justice.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
At this point in time, I’ve just woke up with a stinking hangover, after a late zoom session with a mate, feel a bit meh…
I’ve just been told I bought a drum kit, last night at 1:30am, checked my bank balance and yeah, it turns out that’s actually true….:facepalm:

Going to the cinema around 1, to watch Spider-Man!!

Then home, to eat yesterdays leftovers, after that probably casual walk up to the racecourse and jump on a covid wagon and join twenty seven thousand Albion fans in expectation of three points…

And then bed, where I belong….

Still living the dream. Merry Christmas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Felt it all went for us last night, on another day it would have been 2-2. Trossard's finish was sublime

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Amusing in 2nd half last night when the whole Brentford team went up for a corner, leaving the keeper screaming at players to come back and mark Maupay and Welbeck who were left on the extreme left and right of the halfway line :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Now seen the whole game having recorded it. Two great finishes and some excellent defending in the second half, Very pleased with that. Predictably small crowd, Sky and Premier League please take note.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I was on 'in law' duties yesterday but was able to watch the game.

Two wonderful goals and then a couple of wonderful saves. It was a shame we couldn't add one in the second half to zero the GD but hey ho.

A much needed and timely win.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
A clean sheet without Dunk, Duffy, Veltman, and Bissouma is pretty decent. Get them back in the squad, maybe add a January signing, and that top 10 finish is there for the taking.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Just got back and I must have been watching a different game, I thought it was a poor match, both teams looked lethargic and error prone. Not much different from Wolves really other than 2 really good goals from us and then 2 good saves from Sanchez to keep us in it. Still, papering over the cracks etc
3 points though and a win were much needed. Onwards and up.

Would agree that there was some wayward passing and giving the ball away whilst not under pressure but also some great moves . We played much quicker than we usually do so were less controlled but that was not a poor game by any standards. Yes Brentford got back into it but we defended well.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are Official Match Threads always this short or is it just when the team wins?

It's been so long I can't rememebr.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Toney’s won the R5 606 Simulation award for Boxing Day football…..I thought he was a well deserved winner
..nice fit with his yellow card
C1CBC824-C422-4008-AB35-F33460BFE9D8.jpeg

barbus_max bhafc

Dec 12, 2021
Worthing
Our little wizard Lamptey completely controlled Toney and limited him to very little - even the aerial battles Tariq made Toney work hard - great all-round performance from Lamptey👍 Very much enjoyed being at the Amex, just a shame so many others decided to give it a miss (for whatever reason) as you missed 2 great goals, which in itself has been a rarity in recent times😂 Sincerely hope more get out of their slumber to attend our match against the scum.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I had a look at the Brentford fans forum - 'we should be beating teams like Brighton' from some, they lost as they had players out injured , they lost because of a penalty not given (to be fair that would definitely have been given if we were playing top 6) , they lost because X, Y and Z but very few saying actually the better team won.

The reality is that for most clubs there is that big element of luck/skill (hard to separate at times) they lob our keeper and its poor quality and we have cover , we lob their keeper having split them completely open and score a very decent goal. Sanchez then does what he has to do as did Cucurella. On play we were the better team but they had more shots on target than we did.....

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
I had a look at the Brentford fans forum - 'we should be beating teams like Brighton' from some, they lost as they had players out injured , they lost because of a penalty not given (to be fair that would definitely have been given if we were playing top 6) , they lost because X, Y and Z but very few saying actually the better team won.

The reality is that for most clubs there is that big element of luck/skill (hard to separate at times) they lob our keeper and its poor quality and we have cover , we lob their keeper having split them completely open and score a very decent goal. Sanchez then does what he has to do as did Cucurella. On play we were the better team but they had more shots on target than we did.....

We were dare I say it clinical On the day
And Bob did what Bob can do
MC gets a mention for that vital goal line clearance

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here