Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Blackpool *** Official Match Thread ***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Were you around when Virgin Records were on the corner of Queens Road and North Street? I spent many an hour on the beanbags listening on headphones to selected albums with the heady aroma of Morocco’s finest wafting on the breeze. Far out, man! :smokin:

Afraid so :smile:

None of that paranoia inducing and brain scambling skunk though

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I think it may be because the game itself was less important, it was a lower league opponent and we made hard work of it but very little of today’s thread has much about the actual game!

I agree with others that Joel Veltman was by far the best for us today. We had plenty of chances and really should have won by more. I did think GPs subs were correct because we did want to win - he also wanted to save Mac a bit.

Biss’ goal was great! Nice save from CW for the free kick. Surely sometime soon AW or LD will direct one of those headers in - getting closer though.We’re still in it and the real tension comes on Wednesday - come on Albion!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
City drawing with Cheltenham, Sheffield United beating Plymouth by a single goal, Wolves beating Chorley with their only shot on target. It was exactly the same last round. It’s almost like smaller teams raise their game in the cup. I wonder if Nunez, Guadiola abd Wilder get the same shit ???.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Good to win at the Amex and a great 1st goal. Rest quite average but this was not a priority. All in all a good result. Move on to bigger things.

Rinkmaster

Oct 1, 2020
Newhaven
We are still too slow in the build up need to play with a lot more urgency to throw the opposition. If we don't we will be toothless for the rest of the season. Need more of a cutting edge.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I was far more impressed by Newport than Blackpool

I thought Blackpool were excellent in the first half, defended their box really well and broke with numbers. Our second goal meant they had to come out and play and we punished the space on the transition more and more as the game went on. Could have been four or five in the end.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
City drawing with Cheltenham, Sheffield United beating Plymouth by a single goal, Wolves beating Chorley with their only shot on target. It was exactly the same last round. It’s almost like smaller teams raise their game in the cup. I wonder if Nunez, Guadiola abd Wilder get the same shit ???.

Not to mention that Blackpool themselves knocked out West Brom.

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
I thought Blackpool were excellent in the first half, defended their box really well and broke with numbers. Our second goal meant they had to come out and play and we punished the space on the transition more and more as the game went on. Could have been four or five in the end.

Agree with all of this except for the “could have been four or five” bit. We get a bit light-headed after scoring and like the opposition to get the next one, just so we don’t seem rude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
We won the game though didn’t we? As we did last week so how you can you say he didn’t make good tactical changes?

We did win so ultimately that's all that counts but for me he took off Alzate & Mac Alister too early. Proper had done little before the swaps and was surely a better candidate to go. The players that came on did nothing to improve their confidence if that was an objective , we learned nothing about Khadra or Moder.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We did win so ultimately that's all that counts but for me he took off Alzate & Mac Alister too early. Proper had done little before the swaps and was surely a better candidate to go. The players that came on did nothing to improve their confidence if that was an objective , we learned nothing about Khadra or Moder.

Do you not think he might want Ali Mac for the Fulham game ? More ‘too late’ than ‘too early’ perhaps.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Do you not think he might want Ali Mac for the Fulham game ? More ‘too late’ than ‘too early’ perhaps.

Of course that's a possibility and in my longer version reply (which i binned because no one likes/reads long replies) I had penned something to the effect that I would give Potter the benefit of the doubt of his tactics if his plan was to conserve Mac Alister but there in lies a conundrum, we had set out to win the game and at 2-1 we were taking off arguably our best player. Alazate also needs game time , he just scored by accident let it ply out and see if it boosts his confidence in anyway. Of course he might want to play Alazate against Fulham as well but I would be surprised.

Everyone has an opinion I personally would have preferred to have seen Khadra come on to see IF he could prove he is a true first team option.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Yes, if not for our consistently woeful crossing, endless dithering when an early pass is on, and extreme reluctance to make runs into the penalty area. We are so static in the final third, although perhaps when you see what a mess Maupay made of the chance Trossard created for him, perhaps it's because they want to spare each other any embarrassment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here