Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Aston Villa *** Official Match Thread ***

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
That's years of Pavlovian disappointment training for you. Definitely agree they have a decent squad compared to other strugglers.
Yup spot on. Think this affects ALL fans - no doubt Villa faithful will be predicting a heavy loss….

Somehow football and positivity isn’t a good fit….

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
779B89CE-EF90-4699-BEBF-9F6F3F1272FA.jpeg

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
interesting that Colwill has got the nod over Veltman.

Is there a bug going round? There were no new injuries at the time of the Villa press conference but now Webster, Mitoma and Sarmiento are not included in the squad.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Is there a bug going round? There were no new injuries at the time of the Villa press conference but now Webster, Mitoma and Sarmiento are not included in the squad.
Interesting that you believe RdZ would necessarily tell the truth in the presser. I'm not sure I would if I thought it might help the oppo.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Looks like a very strong line up to me - clearly Colwill impressed RDZ against Arsenal (as I was impressed) and good to see both Welbz and Tross in the starting XI at the same time - it looks like a very solid attacking midfield too. Reflects RDZ desire to bed in youngsters without compromising his game style. At least 6 starting each with a very good chance of scoring.

edit - The bench looks well thought out too imo - Veltman, Lamptey and -
excitingly Turns, Enciso, Gilmour, Undav, Fergie- all these young players need as much match time as possible to strengthen the squad long term and each will give it their all if given a chance to sub - very healthy competition to get in the starting XI now which translates to the field against opponents.

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Interesting that you believe RdZ would necessarily tell the truth in the presser. I'm not sure I would if I thought it might help the oppo.
You think he lied? He could have said there were one or two niggles which would be game day decisions if he had doubts.

Why would he tell the truth every week and then lie for Villa? Are they that good?

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021

Colwill was very good in midweek, and seemed to dovetail well with Dunk, allowing a left,right combo.

Also, maybe Velts still not 100% after his injury.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here