Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Aston Villa *** Official Match Thread ***

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
You can see why Dunk is not going to the World Cup , got caught too many times especially in the first half , just not quick enough ,
mind you it was a pretty poor performance from most of the team , even the manager got things wrong today, just disappointing to start the World Cup break With a defeat , thought the referee was awful as well

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Any news on Lallana? Obviously he has a big gap to the next game but he also has a tendency to pick up long term injuries.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Clearly the Lallana injury disrupted and threw RDZ he made a wrong decision in the substitution, that affected us, we huffed and puffed with no end product, same old, same old. I’m not that bothered to be honest, we tried and Villa were dire in their anti football tactics….

frustrating yeah, but no one died and England won the T20 in the morning, we are still ahead on the season tracker….

roll on Charlton…..

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Tough watch. Dunk at fault for the pen, really shit defending for the 2nd. A timely reminder that we are a long way from the finished article.

I don't like Villa at all, but they always make us look like numpties.

Onwards.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I appreciate I’m not really adding anything to the conversation here, but that really was a horrific display of officiating. It was oh so obvious that he was going to allow Martinez to take all day to do anything and wait until the dying minutes to caution him. Awful.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
So lets be honest, we sucked ass today and didn’t deserve to win….however and its a big however…feck me are villa not just the most anti-football team ever. Diving, time wasting, cheating and generally every trick in the book. All I can say is that I’m glad I’m not a villa fan as I wouldn’t want to watch that shite every week.

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
To any young or recent fans…. Welcome to Brighton & Hove Albion.

This is what we do.
I've had 30 years of this with my Ottawa Senators... ever since they were readmitted into the NHL.

The similarities between our two cities and professional sports teams are striking in many, many ways, good and bad both. 😅

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Its games like this that make me seriously consider why I watch PL football. It was an appalling spectacle of cheating , it wasn't just a case of Villa grinding out a win it was so negative as a football experience and so positive as a lets cheat.
Aye …..one of those moments was Young getting low fived by a teammate for scything down Lamptey and being carded

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here