Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Arsenal *** Official Match Thread ***

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Only saw second half due to a powernap malfunction but was happy with what I saw. Could have been three points. Also there is a tragic world where it would have been zero.

One is ok. Hoping for three against Norwich!

First half we bossed them, driving them back relentlessly, Cucurella outstanding.

Just powderpuff or wildly misdirected poor headers and shots.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Being disappointed about getting a point at home to Arsenal shows how far we’ve come, especially with the all the injuries. Well done Graham and team, hopefully the international break will allow us to recharge and come back strong for the Norwich game

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My loathing for Sherwood continues....
I quote:
"Very boring to watch, Brighton in a place where they shouldn't be"

Fvck me the blokes a complete and utter ***

Rant over, at least we got a point :)

He’s thought of generally as a bit of cnt. Villa and Spuds fans scathing of his aggressive style of mismanagement and losing football.

With Danny Mills, he seems completely lacking charm.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Surprised Lamptey didn’t come on. Not surprised Connolly didn’t but you do wonder...

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
If you think how hard Brighton players have to work to earn their money, those arsenal players are embarrassing. Take the money and run merchants, absolutely shocking

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Trossard is sublime and was fantastic again tonight. Moder deserves a starting place now and the faultless Cucurella......wow! Brilliant team performance.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
If you think how hard Brighton players have to work to earn their money, those arsenal players are embarrassing. Take the money and run merchants, absolutely shocking

I’m sure Auba was laughing when he went off.

My loathing for Sherwood continues....
I quote:
"Very boring to watch, Brighton in a place where they shouldn't be"

Fvck me the blokes a complete and utter ***

Rant over, at least we got a point :)

Sherwood just doesn't think little old Brighton should be in top 6. Tonight, we showed we are where we are on merit and should of taken 3 points against a pretty average arsenal side on their showing tonight!

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Only saw second half due to a powernap malfunction but was happy with what I saw. Could have been three points. Also there is a tragic world where it would have been zero.

One is ok. Hoping for three against Norwich!

Power nap? what are you, three? How could you miss the first half?
A quick summary
Dominate dominate, shots off target. Repeat loads of times. End of half.
Second half dominate, dominate, shots off target repeat loads more times plus a couple of really good linking playups with a hand from arse keeper saves them, end of game.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Very good performance all-round. Cucurella bossed it again, superb signing. Everyone played really well. Although not according to the ****wit meathead and his knobhead son sat in front of me who constantly slated Größ all game. I swear some people just love to have a bit of negativity in their lives. Tw@s.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Trossard is sublime and was fantastic tonight. Moder deserves a starting place and the faultless Cucurella......wow! Brilliant team performance.

Trossard looked really angry at the final whistle!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Here'sWally

Sep 27, 2021
We were outstanding tonight, I really don't care about dropping three points, that can happen. What we showed tonight is what I'm taking away from this game. I'd rather we play like that and get a point when we should have got three, rather than nick three points having been outplayed and not deserving it. Very proud of that performance, we were unfortunate, but we were also quality for 90 minutes. Feeling nothing but good over here. Still joint second too, how can we really complain about that?

Well done lads.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Superb performance, deserved to win. Potter got it tactically spot on today. Some outstanding performances (Duffy, Dunk, Burn, Trossard) but particularly Cucurella who was the best player on the pitch. Good save from Sanchez too, held his nerve on the one-on-one. Mac Allister looked extremely bright once again.

I might've brought on March earlier for Gross, we were crying out for pace on the right flank as the game progressed, but I can see why he didn't want to disturb the balance too much. I suspect risking Lamptey in the shocking monsoon conditions was simply not worth it. One slip or late tackle could've done him for the season, potentially.

Thought Jon Moss refereed the game very well. Let the game flow and took the conditions into account. One mistake I noted was only one additional minute in the first half - Trossard was down injured for at least three in the first five minutes of the game. Neither incident was a penalty at the end there - no chance. Their lad dived, ours was just a tussle that happens every set piece.

Overall an excellent performance and another point in the bag. Very proud of the lads

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here