[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Arsenal *** Official Match Thread ***

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Unashamedly stolen from Facebook....
IMG_20201229_195641.jpg

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
You only have to hope that not picking any strikers was Potter’s way of saying ‘buy me a decent striker you halfwits’

He used a similar selection against Spurs, so I don't think it's that. I think he was just trying to be a bit too clever/tactical. I'm all in favour of him dropping out of form players to keep players on their toes and make them earn a starting place, but he shouldn't be changing the formation and selection this much every game. Starting with no recognised striker on the pitch is indefensible.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
I thought the overall performance, first half especially, was better than many feared before kick off. That said, we lacked invention and penetration and were absolutely fekking toothless - but that has been our problem for a while.

A point at Wolves please and all pray for Spurs and Liverpool wins tomorrow.

Up The Albion:albion2::albion2:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Same old story - good performance. Deserved more.

Lack of investment in the playing squad is costing us a lot. The club expects us to play like the best, but barely invest in the playing squad. Potter has an impossible job.

If we had Lacazette OR Aubameyang, let alone both, we would be flying this season.

As usual, lots of positives - but the squad is simply not able to get results.

We deserved **** all. We created **** all, we had the desire of **** all, we had **** upfront, we will go down with this chancer

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Centrebacks on both wings, chipping the ball in vaguely towards wide players / midfielders standing in the box.

Its not really worked, for some reason.

Agree, then the tactically naive blame the player not the system.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Tell you what though, Bernardo looked bloody good. If he's back and ready to play it'll give us some options.

I'm not sure you and I watched the same game as I thought he was utterly insignificant and offered Burn no help with Saka whatsoever, whilst also being unwilling to take his man on down the wing.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Depends, have you got a degree in emotional intelligence? If so, you're set.

Ah the emotional intelligence requirement is where I’m flawed.
I can see that we’re are shit in attack and slightly worse at defending (especially at set pieces).
I couldn’t do any worse. Does that qualify?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Yes. But the original post stated WE. He should have say I. He doesn’t speak for all supporters.

Yes, it was not good, but the games are coming fast right now and we need to rotate, otherwise the key players could get crocked and miss some games - like Lamptey is now for example.

I’m not pleased - I think we’re a bit slow in attack and we look better when we attack with more pace rather than stopping and then back-passing.

But, I also accept that we don’t have the finances of the other teams, so are competing against 8-10 other teams in reality at this point in time.

Yes but sadly we cannot even compete with them at the moment. All confidence has drained from the players. Maybe Potter was checking out his championship line up for next season

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Really.

It's not the manager it's the quality up top.

Surely it’s a bit of both? The first half went surprisingly ok but Potter was too late with his subs IMO. And leaving Welbeck and Connolly on the bench when chasing the game was criminal. Not to mentioned our continued drop in form during the second half of games makes you wonder what Potter is telling the players at half-time.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Did the players look like they were busting a gut to try and salvage the game at the end? I didn’t think so, and that concerns me.

We don’t look right.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
All in one go? Players who have not been near the team in ages suddenly starting without even sub appearances? No recognised strikers starting? Thought you were better than not being able to see what people's genuine concerns are. But I know in your head you are still fighting the Hughton wars and would back Jimmy Krankie as manager if it were not Hughton

Yep, and it nearly worked. You need to let go of your angst at Hughton’s sacking. We are so much better than we were. OK the results aren’t happening but at least we aren’t stinking the division out. We were on the same page when McGhee was here but we’re reading different books now.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Not bad. Burn, Bernardo, Mac Alister and AJ all looked decent. Hopefully they kick on from that. Looked better first half than second.

Sorry if reality does not sit well with the NSC clique bedwetting.

:lol: Burn was awful ffs :lol:

Bernardo was good though.

Ali J did exactly what I expect most people thought he’d do...

Also, if you’re an actual adult you should genuinely be ashamed with your use of that embarrassingly poor phrase.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
It seemed to me that only Biss and Solly knew what to do to try and score, the rest just had a vague idea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here