Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Arsenal *** Official Match Thread ***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Move on from last season, this season we've spent money and have better players. Did you really honestly feel we played well today? The Emirates win was excellent but we've been average since then and today we edged a battle of 2 poor teams thanks to a smash and grab. That's fine if it gives us confidence to play better, starting at Leicester. Let's see, I have an open mind but I need to see us really making better use of our better squad, much more consistently

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Tough crowd, first game back after 100 days and you expect us to play well? I will move on from last season once this one is finished as I read comparisons of the points total every game we play (seldom read comments about how much better we are as a PL team to watch though)

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Has to be a retrospective red surely. How did Atkinson miss that as it was near enough under his nose.

Absolutely this.

After Hemed's retrospective red last season, which was a very subjective call, this is clear cut violent conduct.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
maupay1.gif

So is this the best team goal we've scored at the Amex? It must be somewhere up there.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Move on from last season, this season we've spent money and have better players. Did you really honestly feel we played well today? The Emirates win was excellent but we've been average since then and today we edged a battle of 2 poor teams thanks to a smash and grab. That's fine if it gives us confidence to play better, starting at Leicester. Let's see, I have an open mind but I need to see us really making better use of our better squad, much more consistently

Not always a virtue.

The quality was better than Watford Leicester, which also had smash and grab goals. Only one scored for the home side, though.

As for consistency, our record in the last 2 months is 100%.

Oh, and cheer up, FFS. We just did the double over Arsenal. :shrug:

Last edited:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I still see no great plan from Potter but we crawl over the line this season by getting 2 more wins and gets another season, I hope he will improve things

he has already improved us an enormous amount. the attitude change is phenomenal, what a comeback, and all this in less than a season, he is the true messiah

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Christ, we haven't played a professional game since mid-March. Arsenal played on Wednesday and so had an extra game of match fitness over us, which should have been a big bonus under the circumstances, especially considering the players they have. We just beat them.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Christ, we haven't played a professional game since mid-March. Arsenal played on Wednesday and so had an extra game of match fitness over us, which should have been a big bonus under the circumstances, especially considering the players they have. We just beat them.
This

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
This.

Some people are never satisfied.

I'm sure there are some on this board who, if we beat Barcelona 5-1 in the Champions League final, would be whinging about the defending for the one we conceded.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

Clueless as usual. Have you watched any of the games? The standard has in most cases been very much preseason which is what you would expect. Give it a rest ffs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Please everyone go to youtube and watch the Arsenal FanTV live watch along 3 mins before Maupay scores, i'm crying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This guy!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Great win. Bizarrely, I felt the lack of a crowd may even have helped a bit (not that I'm advocating it). Thought the first half showed clearly that there is absolutely nothing positive to be gained by getting on the players' backs. Imagine the moaning from our sizeable band of impatient fans after they'd watched us sit back and play safe for the first half hour. As it was, Potter could set up to stay in the game and, knowing Arsenal would either be tired or have to start throwing on subs after 2 games in 4 days, go for the throat in the second half. Team seemed slightly less nervous in the closing stages too although, to be fair, the crowd can't help transmitting that anxiety.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here