Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs AFC Bournemouth *** Official Match Thread ***

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Watching on Premier Hub 5 - no atmosphere whatsoever from the Albion fans. Appreciate we are playing against tinpot and it’s a category C game but it’s coming across on the streams as eerily quiet
Amex has always, always been crap at generating a supportive atmosphere when things aren't going our way. I've always wanted this to change, but it'll always be moans and groans during poor performances - it's a massive shame as fans can be the difference on days like this.

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Watching on Premier Hub 5 - no atmosphere whatsoever from the Albion fans. Appreciate we are playing against tinpot and it’s a category C game so cheaper tickets and probably a few who don’t normally go but had the chance to get a ticket today but it’s coming across on the streams as eerily quiet
It is. Zero noise as zero excitement.
Bored stiff

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
What an utterly turgid 45 minutes of football that was. Comfortably the most boring half since De Zerbi's been manager.

Yes, Bournemouth have a game plan and are executing it well but god almighty we were shit. Did anyone other than Dunk, Webster or Ver Bruggen actually touch the ball? The front four all failed spectacularly to hold onto the ball when they got it and apart from the goal Gilmour and Dahoud were invisible.

I'm looking forward to seeing what De Zerbi does with all that for the second half, especially with the quality we have on the bench.

Plus side is we were listless wank but we're still not losing as they decided to give us as shit a goal as we gave them.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I'd leave Adringa on - he's doing okay when he gets the chance. If we have March on the right, it spreads the play a bit more - and will give him more opportunities.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Hmmmm I can’t help feeling that Facundo isn’t mentally up to it just yet… for all his apparent talent, he looks nervy, edgy, doesn’t look hungry and (as anyone who’s ever played football knows) if your first touch is off, you’re in big trouble… it’s mental, youthful fragility and plain old fashioned nerves… there’s a player in there somewhere, but he’s clearly thinking ‘what if I f*** up?’ Rather than the Julio school of thought: ‘I belong…’

I’d take him off and get an arm round him.

Swap Andriga to the right and bring on Fati.

I’d then send Fati up top late, and send on Mito and March last 15.

3 points in the bag. Lol.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Watching on Premier Hub 5 - no atmosphere whatsoever from the Albion fans. Appreciate we are playing against tinpot and it’s a category C game so cheaper tickets and probably a few who don’t normally go but had the chance to get a ticket today but it’s coming across on the streams as eerily quiet
Yep, it’s really like a library today. Very little noise coming from anywhere. I am here myself though so obviously part of the problem.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Really shocking to see people getting on verbruggens back for not playing it quickly, I thought we’d moved beyond that as a fan base?

Maybe some success has gone to peoples heads? Dunk looked very pissed off with the north stand.
Maybe having a go at the team for not making anything for Verbruggen to pass to - rather than at him personally?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

It is quiet. Everyone in disbelief at how wooden, slow in body and mind we were.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
What on earth is with the crowd getting on Bart's back? Dunk was furious with the North and East stands. Ridiculous - and now the defence are being affected by it and not playing how they've been told to.
We weren't, we were getting on the teams back for not moving and not giving him options

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Worst half under this manager

Buenanotte, callow
Verbruggen uncertain what to do.

Lacking star quality in attack

4 subs at half time please. The two booked players to come off

Lamptey for veltman
Lallana for gilmour
Mitoma for buenanotte
Pedro for welbeck

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yep, it’s really like a library today. Very little noise coming from anywhere. I am here myself though so obviously part of the problem.
Oh I don’t know. The volume of moans and groans would not be tolerated in a library

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Man marking us out of the game is a concern. Same with AEK.
Feels a long way from Man United not even pressing us.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I am watching on TV but can completely understand the lack of atmosphere. A turgid first half and De Zerbi needs to think of a new plan as the first one was rubbish.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
We aren't going to f*** this up now?
We were twice level with AEK Athens and still f***ed it up 2-3!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Tbh, I was surprised Goodnight wasn't loaned out this season. He has potential, but atm it feels like we're a player short with him in the side.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I
Sitting in the WSU I can see the full pitch. There is absolutely 0 movement from our players when Verbruggen has the ball, so it puts us in trouble

Indeed. (I might be near you!) The grief is more an indictments our very predicta le slow patterns. The point is we aren't playing our usual game. Taking no risks. And the longer balls into the front two aren't paying off. Their CBs are handling them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here