Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs AFC Bournemouth *** Official Match Thread ***

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Obviously we've all looked at how ridiculously tight the offside line was for Burn, but does anyone care that he didn't touch or get particularly close to the ball?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Obviously we've all looked at how ridiculously tight the offside line was for Burn, but does anyone care that he didn't touch or get particularly close to the ball?

I was waiting for MotD to consider it further.

Presumably he was only given offside because he challenged for the ball as it came in for Mooy. Had he had no involvement in the initial delivery, given how many times the ball pinged around afterwards, presumably the goal would have stood?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Presumably he was only given offside because he challenged for the ball as it came in for Mooy.
Indeed, but I don't imagine that's clear cut? The defender had to go for it regardless (not because Burn was interfering with play). Burn's arm touched him kinda after the defensive clearance. Seemed to me he wasn't interfering with play at that point, but that got lost in the search for microscopic accuracy.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I have just had a look and amazingly our statistics are exactly the same as last season Played 20,Won 6,Drawn 5,Lost 9,Goals for 24, Goals against 28. Considering we have played a lot of the top 6 away this season I think this bodes well for the rest of the season.

You might want to check that. We were on 25 points this time last year (20 games played) after having beaten Everton 1-0.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here