Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs AEK Athens *** Official Match Thread ***

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If you want a terrific pre match listen this weeks Albion Roar features @attila but also Sotiris Kapnis who is a AEK fan and is really good at talking about the history of AEK, their chances tonight and also the power of football to bring people together.
John met Sotiris because he's doing up his kitchen !

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
We are all saying it , but when I stood at the Goldstone cheering Alex Dawson and the like, I never would have thought I will see the Albion in European football…. But we are here , we must not be overwhelmed by the occasion. If we can compete at the top end of the Prem. we can compete with the second competition in Europe. Dick’s comment says we are a fancied team! I don’t get that but we can do ok . Although the club has not been here before, many of our players have International and World Cup experience.
Up the Albion :albion2:

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Will be listening on the wireless, wish I could be there. Hope everyone there tonight has a fantastic night and witnesses an Albion masterclass.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Be loud be proud and make it a night to remember,this is history, this is a I was there moment.

Wish I could make it but it's hair wash night on Thursdays.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
…. But we are here , we must not be overwhelmed by the occasion. If we can compete at the top end of the Prem. we can compete with the second competition in Europe.

Of course we can. De Zerbi knows that, and he'll have made sure the players know that. He's been telling them for a year that they're good enough, and they started to believe him a long time ago. Of course in football all results are possible, but I'd be extremely disappointed if the players weren't believing they can win tonight.

Although the club has not been here before, many of our players have International and World Cup experience.
This isn't a world cup final, it's a group game at home, and we've played far better sides in the PL than AEK, so nothing to fear.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
What time are everyone’s flights?

Made you panic for a second! ;)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If this is all a dream, don't wake me up.
Frtuos's family surround him at his hospital bed, and look lost as the doctors explain that he just doesn't want to wake up.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
"Publication fromstargazer21»Mon Sep 18, 2023 03:11 am

We are playing the most in-form team in Europe. A phenomenal team that is admired by the entire football world.

I think the only time we played a similar match was away to Sevilla.

Honestly, I can't find anything positive to think about, the only things that need to be avoided are the distractions and the health of the players in the run-up to the game (I'm not talking about fatigue, those who play will be tongue-tied).

I hope the reality isn't as bleak as I have it in my head."

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Drove passed Falmer at 8am and there were parking stewards just getting into position already! They are in for a long and very dull day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here