Votes: 28 26.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Sounds as if we gave it our best shot tonight - against a Reading team that have emerged as class in the second half of the season, are on a great run of form - and rode their luck when they had too. Mathematically we're not out of it yet...................but I think we're probably looking to next season now

It will be a lot harder next season. One of the current playoff teams (West Ham?) plus Leicester, Leeds, three relegated Premiership teams, Forest plus probably a surprise team or two. We have really missed a trick this season in my view as one or two quality players could have seen us top two.

sant andreu

Dec 18, 2011
Toby Agdestein???
looked like he made things happen when he got some minutes earlier in the season.
Doesn't seem to be working for our strikers so why not give him a go?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If Reading go up will they really be prepared to pay £3M for CMS ?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It will be a lot harder next season. One of the current playoff teams (West Ham?) plus Leicester, Leeds, three relegated Premiership teams, Forest plus probably a surprise team or two. We have really missed a trick this season in my view as one or two quality players could have seen us top two.
Yes, but we have a season's experience at this level now - plus some strengthening of the squad in the summer

bhafc arundel

Apr 4, 2012
arundel
He's our leading scorer because he's out penalty taker :facepalm:

correct me if I am wrong but a penalty when scored is classed as a goal so why the facepalm the facts are that Ashley Barnes is our leading goalscorer in 2011-12.Yes he did not score tonight but it was a great save and I am sorry to say but so supporters like you really seem to have no idea what this player does and bring to the team.Poyet is no mug and Barnes is one of the first names on the teamsheet.Watch Barnes work off the ball the workrate,the defending and then come back on here and slate him.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yes, but we have a season's experience at this level now - plus some strengthening of the squad in the summer

The 3 relegated clubs from the Premier League will have the parachute payments to maintain a decent playing budget and if the 2 Sheffield clubs come up from L1 there could be a dozen clubs all going for it.

Apr 10, 2012
Can't believe we got three points from that game tonight. You pretty much dominated the whole game bar the odd 10 minutes and if you play like that in your remaining 4 games you'll definitely make the play-offs. Toughest game we have had since the turn of the year and i really hope that you can get in the play-offs instead of the likes of boro and cardiff. All the best for the rest of the season

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
Can't believe we got three points from that game tonight. You pretty much dominated the whole game bar the odd 10 minutes and if you play like that in your remaining 4 games you'll definitely make the play-offs. Toughest game we have had since the turn of the year and i really hope that you can get in the play-offs instead of the likes of boro and cardiff. All the best for the rest of the season

sounds good ... and it sounded great on the radio but we have two points from four games so somethng isnt quite right ...
three points at West Ham on saturday and we will be happy to help for two games in a row with readings promotion push

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Thanks. You'll do okay I reckon up there with the big boys next year. Probably better than Southampton who seem to rely on hoofing it up there a lot.

daib0

Nov 20, 2011
Spain - England
I haven't come back onto NSC until now because it's hardly the time to say anything that could be interpreted as gloating. Yep, I think we all know in our camp that we were at least partially lucky - a strong penalty claim in the first half would have sent you on your way, as would the penalty itself if it had gone in - and despite Federici being a great goalie these things are always a bit of a lottery. Crossbars for both too.
I'd really put it down to 'luck of the champions' or something like ... obviously so much harder than the Christmas game. Why are we more consistent generally in this league second half of season? I don't know really, I think it's purely a mental thing - we feel the need to go up so badly, the imposed standards are so high. I've said the same thing to opposing fans last few games, but after the play-off tears twice in the last three seasons, the squad is really decided it has to go for autos this time to avoid that route - play-offs, bah, we've a long history of failures in those ...
Back to tonight, and I believe you scared us and hurt us more than West Ham did. OK, at Upton Park we started slowly, but once in the ascendency there weren't too many nerves, the supremacy was there. That was never the case today, biting nails till final whistle, so you can surely face West Ham with yours chins well up, and with every prospect of getting a result. I agree with the comments of the other Reading fan - you'be got the makings of a very fiine side indeed.

I would just like to say it's been nice to have sensible and friendly chat with you guys, and look in on RR whenever you like - you've an open space there when you like. Never had any problems with other forums except *cough* *cough* West Ham and Bristol City. Look through our MT and you'll see we've tried to give the NSC forum plenty of good publicity too!! All the best of luck, guys, for the run-in ...

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I haven't come back onto NSC until now because it's hardly the time to say anything that could be interpreted as gloating. Yep, I think we all know in our camp that we were at least partially lucky - a strong penalty claim in the first half would have sent you on your way, as would the penalty itself if it had gone in - and despite Federici being a great goalie these things are always a bit of a lottery. Crossbars for both too..

I think this must be only the second League goal we have conceded this season in the first 20 minutes. Otherwise the game plan and result was predictable* (I thought we would run out of steam and I would have expected your goal very late on), except for the Vicente effect (but he cannot win the game on his own if our forwards are out of touch). Albion were missing first choice midfielder Liam Bridcutt and left back Jo Mattock so we were two below full strength as well. (*I predicted it.)

Not that I can predict the matches away to West Ham or home to Birmingham though.

Last edited:

daib0

Nov 20, 2011
Spain - England
I think this must be only the second League goal we have conceded this season in the first 20 minutes. Otherwise the game plan and result was predictable* (I thought we would run out of steam and I would have expected your goal very late on), except for the Vicente effect (but he cannot win the game on his own if our forwards are out of touch). Albion were missing first choice midfielder Liam Bridcutt and left back Jo Mattock so we were two below full strength as well. (*I predicted it.)

Not that I can predict the matches away to West Ham or home to Birmingham though.

Just one thing more, and please don't regard it as spam (!) - we've just got a post-match topic up, started by Seagulls fan OleOleOleVicente, and we've put it in the "Rivals, but Friends" part where anyone can contribute - you haven't got to sign up first - so if anyone would like to comment on our site, please see:
Tonights game ( Brighton fans view)
Just ask all to be sociable and, ermm ... language decency please!!

And a special thanks to you perseus for an outstanding contribution on this thread (in my opinion) ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here