Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion v Nottingham Forest *** Official Match Thread ***

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
If this was in reverse and we lost like that, Poyet and the entire backroom staff would be public enemy no.1 on here :lolol:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
At some point this season we're really gonna click, in the meantime 1 - 0's will do for me!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
If this was in reverse and we lost like that, Poyet and the entire backroom staff would be public enemy no.1 on here :lolol:

And if my granny had balls she'd be my granddad.

Fantastic - play badly and win, you'll do ok. MASSIVE result, again.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire

JCL???? Dont make me laugh.

Maybe I was wrong about us staying in this league (it was rather depressing for 89 mins today), but winning today doesn't mask the fact that we were poor today. I also think its fair to say that we do need some fresh faces, particularly the full backs and a creative midfielder to create service that CMS is being starved of. The fact that we have taken Paynter also tells you that we need something different up front (although Paynter is not the answer).

From living in Leeds and reading their local paper it would appear that Bechio is unsettled and is nearing the end of his contract. Seeing that Poyet brought him to Leeds (I believe) its not that unbelievable for the Albion to get him is it?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Does anyone else feel a bit dirty for celebrating a thoroughly undeserved win - - -Nah - me neither! GET IN 3 more points and in the play offs and palace dragging their shit stinking heels. Gus is the 1-0 master . We have to bow to his genius.
Yeah im confused as half of me is delighted but the other half is really angry towards the negative football and lack of shots.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We all know that Buckley is class, he's been great every time he's played. I'm sure Gus is aware of that too, and is concerned about him getting injured in his come-back - again. We were lucky (in that they missed their chances, we scored our chance), because without our first 11, we're not very good. But with our first choice 11, we're a decent side.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I wonder how many of the 20 odd thousand crowd in the Amex witnessed the goal, on 90+3 minutes. :lol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I wonder how many of the 20 odd thousand crowd in the Amex witnessed the goal, on 90+3 minutes. :lol:
Good point. After such a poor performance, not many. 5k probably left, so with 15k there, it wasn't that much more than go to watch Palace.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
If only we hadn't thrown away two points against Leeds

No sense in worrying about things like that. We've bagged three points with ultra-late goals against Doncaster and Forest so these things really do seem to even themselves out.

Here we are, not playing at all well, yet having won 4 out of the last 5 matches and in the playoffs. I'll take it!

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Yeah im confused as half of me is delighted but the other half is really angry towards the negative football and lack of shots.

I get that - was probably the most boring Saturday soccer evening for me here in Korea - but since Poyet arrived more often than not we've edged the dour matches rather that not. I believe Gus has made us winners sometimes despite the performance - and occasionally we will perform, next ones gonna be Palace away 0-3 and the best season to be a Palace hater.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Right. Just need a 5-0 win for Bristol City and we'll go 5th.

OK. I'll be happy with what we've got.

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
Wow...I'm as bad as those who leave the staium 5 mins before the end......I poped off and missed this.... Doh!!!!

Yes......Get in there! ALBION

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here