Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Brighton & Hove Albion v Lewes - QF Sussex Senior Cup - 30.03.11***

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I see on the Sussex FA site this is down as being played tonight, am I missing any news feature on it.

I assume its at Culver Road, Lancing and that we will have to play some youngsters due to our fringe players being involved with the 1st team in the mad March fixture fest.

Winner plays Horsham away in the semi finals. Final at our new shiney stadium.

Sussex FAFixtures

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
If you press the "+" next to the fixture, it gives the game being played at The Dripping Pan.

It's classed as an away fixture on the Albion site.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
If you press the "+" next to the fixture, it gives the game being played at The Dripping Pan.

It's classed as an away fixture on the Albion site.

Cheers for that, not obvious enough for me. :blush:

It's on the Lewes website as well, £8 in, very easy by train for me, so lets hope they have some Harvey's on in the bar.

Rooks v Seagulls tomorrow night - Lewes FC

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
I'll be there. Looking forward to this,knowing our boys are as good as up.
It would be nice to progress to the final,especially as it's gonna be the opener at the Amex. That'll be interesting trying to get a ticket,as there'll only be 10,000 capacity(apparently)!

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I'l be there.

There must be a feeling at the club that they do not want the Albion to get to the final... otherwise the first game at the Amex will be an Albion one, probably against Burgess Hill or someone. Only the ressies but still an Albion side.

I would imagine that secretly they would prefer our first game to be the big friendly.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
If we can get past Lewes and Horsham we would play either Eastbourne or Crawley Down.

There never seems much interest for this competition on NSC, you may be right that if we get a crowd it will be more about the bars and padded seats and less about our young up and coming players or OGH swansong.

Would be a pain if the few hundred fans that show an interest don't get to watch the game.

I hope Navarro plays again tonight, feel he could play a part over our last 8 1st team games.

Rooksmeister

Sep 16, 2010
I'l be there.

There must be a feeling at the club that they do not want the Albion to get to the final... otherwise the first game at the Amex will be an Albion one, probably against Burgess Hill or someone. Only the ressies but still an Albion side.

I would imagine that secretly they would prefer our first game to be the big friendly.

That would be fine by us! We would love to be involved in the first game at the Amex so have a word with Charlie someone please?

As you know, we're at the wrong end of the Blue Square South table so this is a welcome distraction from the nerve-jangling league games we're experiencing at the moment, although I presume there won't be any less nerve jangling for us tonight.

There'll be a big welcome for Grant Hall's return as he was fantastic on loan in Feb, and it will be interesting to see whether George Barker or Leon Redwood play as they've also been here this season.

It's great to see what you've achieved this season and best wishes for a quickly-secured title come down the A27 from all at the Pan.

It would be good to have a decent gate tonight, so if you've got nothing better to do, then please pop down. There's Harvey's....

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
That would be fine by us! We would love to be involved in the first game at the Amex so have a word with Charlie someone please?

As you know, we're at the wrong end of the Blue Square South table so this is a welcome distraction from the nerve-jangling league games we're experiencing at the moment, although I presume there won't be any less nerve jangling for us tonight.

There'll be a big welcome for Grant Hall's return as he was fantastic on loan in Feb, and it will be interesting to see whether George Barker or Leon Redwood play as they've also been here this season.

It's great to see what you've achieved this season and best wishes for a quickly-secured title come down the A27 from all at the Pan.

It would be good to have a decent gate tonight, so if you've got nothing better to do, then please pop down. There's Harvey's....

Your website has a 7.45 kick off, we list a 7.30 one, do we get a 15 minute head start. No squad mentioned as yet

Brighton and Hove Albion | BHAFC Scores, News, Transfers, Fixtures

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm sorry but cannot believe anyone hasn't mentioned this yet (not being tight BUT) EIGHT POUNDS TO WATCH OUR RESERVES!?!?!? WTF is that all about? Joke!

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I'm sorry but cannot believe anyone hasn't mentioned this yet (not being tight BUT) EIGHT POUNDS TO WATCH OUR RESERVES!?!?!? WTF is that all about? Joke!

Or is £8 cheaper than useal to watch a Lewes side pit them selves against our reserves. Kids go free

What do you think is a reasonable price, I believe we charge about a fiver at Lancing. However I am sure Lewes are hoping for a good crowd and could do with a few quid.

Wonder what they will charge for the final, useally about £10-12 at Eastbourne, so I would think £15-20 at Falmer.

Or is £8 cheaper than useal to watch a Lewes side pit them selves against our reserves. Kids go free

What do you think is a reasonable price, I believe we charge about a fiver at Lancing. However I am sure Lewes are hoping for a good crowd and could do with a few quid.

Wonder what they will charge for the final, useally about £10-12 at Eastbourne, so I would think £15-20 at Falmer.

Tickets for Horsham v Burgess Hill Town in this competition last week were:-

Adults: £10
Over 60s: £5
Students (upon production of a valid student card): £5
Under 16s: £2.50

In comparison, the Lewes deal, at £8 for adults, £4 concessions and kids go free, is excellent value.

Horsham won 3-1, btw.

Lewes v Maidenhead in the league on Saturday is £10/£5/kids go free.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Tickets for Horsham v Burgess Hill Town in this competition last week were:-

Adults: £10
Over 60s: £5
Students (upon production of a valid student card): £5
Under 16s: £2.50

In comparison, the Lewes deal, at £8 for adults, £4 concessions and kids go free, is excellent value.

Horsham won 3-1, btw.

Did Burgess Hill take thier full 15% allocation of tickets, bet some of the Horsham STH were not happy about being moved. Looks like if we make the semi finals could be a £10 or more to get into Woodside Road.

Did Burgess Hill take thier full 15% allocation of tickets, bet some of the Horsham STH were not happy about being moved. Looks like if we make the semi finals could be a £10 or more to get into Woodside Road.
Doesn't look like it. Attendance was 181 (exactly the same as Lewes, when they played Bognor Regis in the Senior Cup in January). Horsham's home league crowds this season have ranged from 151 to 650.

Horsham got 189 at home when they beat Crawley in the Senior Cup in November.

Lewes are pulling in crowds of up to 800 for Blue Square South matches.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think it would be fantastic if, as the first game at The Amex, we were in the final (and won) and I can't imagine anyone at the club feeling differently.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That's the cost of non league football in Sussex. Stings doesn't it?

Yes that does sting! I'm in the boat where football tickets should be no more than £15 anywhere in the country - and it would solve a lot of the shite that goes on in football with ridiculous wages and transfer fees (bit late now though!).

I would have thought £3 or so would have been reasonable - the reserves used to be about that and free to ST holders? I suppose it isn't an actual reserve match but c'est la vie £8 seems an awful lot to me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here