Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion v. Leicester City (Official Thread)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Uncle C said:
On previous postings he claims that his position on Falmer is misunderstood, but I have challenged him at least twice to say that he is 100% behind the fight for Falmer.
He doesn't bother replying:glare: :glare: :glare:

He will be reading this now, but will choose to remain hidden. This kinda proves my point.:nono: :nono: :nono:

I have always been 100% behind getting the best possible stadium is the possible place in the best possible time frame.

I never thought (and still don't) think that Planning Permission will be refused on the grounds that Falmer is unsuitable.

I think the Brighton politicans have not really appraised the site properly and tried to appease the ridiculous arguments that the view would be spoiled and it is a technical AONB site.

The stadium could have been landscaped into the site better than the current plan. The contours of the hill from the path above the site is such that the view is badly impaired almost non-existent anyrate. Somebody in the downs lobby (who?) has seriously misled the authorities. I can see shit farming land without a soil anaylsis. The land is so bad that soil is going to have to be imported (as well as turf) to make a playing surface: it is chalk* and flints. (*might be some clay and sandstone)

I will go along with the financiers where they can build the best stadium. If they consider it is Falmer (most likely) so be it. I find it slightly unsatisfactory because it could be better even on the Falmer location. The whole Falmer area could have been landscaperd into a Country Park with the stadium as the focal point for the benefit of everybody.

I can't say I held out much hope that this could happen though. If Brighton Council could not demolish the West Pier, I could not see it. However, this for the residents of Brighton decide. Not strictly my business as I live outside the city boundaries.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
The time to 'help' in the design of the best stadium at Falmer was years ago, when plans were being formulated. That time has passed.

The club now needs every supporter to stand firmly behind the current and only plan.

Your continued muddying of the water with alternative ideas on landscaping etc is merely helping to feed and sustain the Falmer Nimby brigade.

It strikes me that first and formost, you are an attention seeker and this is typified by your need to start and orchestrate the Official match thread on every Albion game.

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Uncle C said:
The time to 'help' in the design of the best stadium at Falmer was years ago, when plans were being formulated. That time has passed.

The club now needs every supporter to stand firmly behind the current and only plan.

Your continued muddying of the water with alternative ideas on landscaping etc is merely helping to feed and sustain the Falmer Nimby brigade.

It strikes me that first and formost, you are an attention seeker and this is typified by your need to start and orchestrate the Official match thread on every Albion game.

Does anybody come from Sussex around here?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
perseus said:

Well I was born in Brighton, lived all my youth in Coldean and spent much of my play time in the Falmer area, so probably know it better than you :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

Come to think of it had my first illegal pint in the Swan:D :D

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Uncle C said:
Well I was born in Brighton, lived all my youth in Coldean and spent much of my play time in the Falmer area, so probably know it better than you :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

Come to think of it had my first illegal pint in the Swan:D :D

Fair enough.

So do you know the history of the Falmer land? I can only second guess from other parts of the downs.

But how can the authorities know? The South Downs Conservation Board is made up of Countryside Agency officials that do not come from Sussex. Bodfish would not know a lump of chalk if it hit him on the head.

It looks like marginal farming land to me. Only because of subsidised fertilisers after the last War, the land was (guess) economic for farming at all?

You can't play football on it now. If you fell over you would get lacerated by sharp flints.

It is bloody obvious to me, that the best use of the land, hemmed in by roads and railways (good transport connections) that it is a good area for development bringing jobs, employment, improvement. To beleive it any other way is to believe in some sort of fairy tale. Got eyes?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
perseus said:
I have always been 100% behind getting the best possible stadium is the possible place in the best possible time frame.

I never thought (and still don't) think that Planning Permission will be refused on the grounds that Falmer is unsuitable.

I think the Brighton politicans have not really appraised the site properly and tried to appease the ridiculous arguments that the view would be spoiled and it is a technical AONB site.

The stadium could have been landscaped into the site better than the current plan. The contours of the hill from the path above the site is such that the view is badly impaired almost non-existent anyrate. Somebody in the downs lobby (who?) has seriously misled the authorities. I can see shit farming land without a soil anaylsis. The land is so bad that soil is going to have to be imported (as well as turf) to make a playing surface: it is chalk* and flints. (*might be some clay and sandstone)

I will go along with the financiers where they can build the best stadium. If they consider it is Falmer (most likely) so be it. I find it slightly unsatisfactory because it could be better even on the Falmer location. The whole Falmer area could have been landscaperd into a Country Park with the stadium as the focal point for the benefit of everybody.

I can't say I held out much hope that this could happen though. If Brighton Council could not demolish the West Pier, I could not see it. However, this for the residents of Brighton decide. Not strictly my business as I live outside the city boundaries.
What a silly post. Again.

Why are you blaming the council? They were given a set of plans for a stadium and its infrastructure to comment on, and either approved or reject. We are having enough trouble getting the stadium built at Falmer without your fantasy plans for landscaping the entire area - most of which will be taken out of the City Council's planning jurisdiction once the National Park goes ahead.

Did you seriously honestly believe that the football pitch was going to be made up of the spoil from the land? Soil analyis for the laying of the pitch is completely irrelevant. Every football league pitch is imported. Every bit of turf is bought, rolled and sown. You have just plumbed your lowest depths of ignorance. Well done.

Oh, and Falmer IS suitable - so get used to it.

Last edited:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
The Large One said:
What a silly post. Again.

You have just plumbed your lowest depths of ignorance. Well done.

Oh, and Falmer IS suitable - so get used to it.

Thanks TLO you got here before me and echoed my feelings.

Perseus is running a one man attention seeking crusade. We need to be aware that this is actually a mental condition and could be treated if he would only acknowledge the fact. Unfortunately in the meantime he is doing the Albion and its thousands of fans a complete diservice.

What amazes me, is that he then comes creeping round the fans on here with his 'Official' match reports and expects to be everyones best friend.
Well he aint mine. :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
perseus said:
It is bloody obvious to me, that the best use of the land, hemmed in by roads and railways (good transport connections) that it is a good area for development bringing jobs, employment, improvement. To beleive it any other way is to believe in some sort of fairy tale. Got eyes?

Well finally we see your true colours revealed. Despite all your fine platitudes it is obvious that PERSEUS is anti-Falmer

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We will not be able to afford Falmer if we get relegated. So if we do not defeat Leciester ?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
perseus said:
We will not be able to afford Falmer if we get relegated.

WTF?
Correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't we start the planning process when we were in Division 3?

The cost of Falmer won't change if we go down! And if anything it is cheaper playing in the league below, assuming we can sell all the seats.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Withdean Wanderer said:
WTF?
Correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't we start the planning process when we were in Division 3?

The cost of Falmer won't change if we go down! And if anything it is cheaper playing in the league below, assuming we can sell all the seats.

Costs have gone up by at least £8 million, the whole lot which will be an additional mortgage. That means the money has to be found by additional income to pay it off.

That means Divsion One football is imperative by my book.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
perseus said:

Shocking fact, I was born about two miles from Smellworst Park. Still my folks had the decency to move to Burgess Hill when I was five. The main reason was because of how much smog was in the air there (it was a long time ago mind you).

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
perseus said:
Costs have gone up by at least £8 million, the whole lot which will be an additional mortgage. That means the money has to be found by additional income to pay it off.

Bollocks.
So what you're saying is if we go down we're f*cked, basically. I think DK would have helped MM make sure the playing side was a bit more experienced, and tried to hold on to DC if this was the case

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
perseus said:

You TWAT. You utter TWAT.

Martin Perry has said the club will be borrowing in the region of £29m. What does playing a different division have to do with it? The sums have been calculated with how much revenue the club can bring in year-on-year, not how good Adam Virgo is.

We play in this division, we pay, say £21 for our seats. We play in the division below us, we pay, say £21 for our seats. And as we have a chance of being in the top half of the table if we were in the division below, it possibly means our attendances will be better. True, we got a few extra quid for being in this division, but not enough to justify going hell-for-leather to stay in it at the expense of getting Falmer.

That's not saying we need to go down to improve our lot, but it does mean that, once again Perseus is blowing out of his arse.

And it's true. Perseus has been anti-Falmer for a long time. He's just sulking because Shoreham Airport has got no chance.

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
Adam El-Abd and Mark McCammon have been recalled to Albion's starting line-up for this afternoon's Championship meeting with Leicester City. The duo replace the suspended Gary Hart and Nathan Jones - who drops to the bench.

Mark McGhee is expected to begin with central defensive trio of Adam El-Abd, Guy Butters and Joe Dolan; while up front Adam Virgo partners McCammon.

Mark McCammon

0,,10433~439932,00.jpg

McCammon's back in attack!

Leon Knight, like Hart, also begins a two-game suspension. Thus Jake Robinson - recalled from Aldershot on Wednesday - is among the substitutes, along with fellow forward Chris McPhee.

Leicester make one change to the side that drew with Wolves. Danny Tiatto replaces Keith Gillespie, who misses out with an ankle injury. Former Manchester United and England forward Dion Dublin starts at centre-back alongside Euro 2004 winner Nikos Dabizas.

Albion: (3-5-2) Blayney; Reid, El-Abd, Butters, Dolan, Harding; Oatway, Hammond, Carpenter; McCammon, Virgo. Subs: Shaaban, Nicolas, Jones, Robinson, McPhee.

Leicester: (4-4-2) Walker; McCarthy, Dabizas, Dublin, Maybury; Huges, WIlliams, Gudjonsson, Tiatto; de Vries, Connolly. Subs: Hirschfeld, Kenton, Stewart, Nalis, Wilcox.

canterburygull

Oct 20, 2003
canterbury
:drink: cheer's ref , i've just clicked the link, thought what the *uck
then i saw him , have sent e-mail to let him know that he aint forgotten, cheer's again.:drink:
:clap2: build a bonfire, build a bonfire,:clap2:

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
canterburygull said:
:drink: cheer's ref , i've just clicked the link, thought what the *uck
then i saw him , have sent e-mail to let him know that he aint forgotten, cheer's again.:drink:
:clap2: build a bonfire, build a bonfire,:clap2:

:clap2:

Don't suppose it's possible to pm me the e-mail you sent please?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here