Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion - Scoring Debutants

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
I remember watching Kit Napier got 2 against Peterboro on his debut back in the sixties. One was from way out on the right wing.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I remember watching Kit Napier got 2 against Peterboro on his debut back in the sixties. One was from way out on the right wing.

October the 1st 1966,we won 5-2.

butters14

Mar 22, 2008
Fair flew down the left wing, cut in and a 30 yarder into the top far corner. We thought we'd signed the new George Best. But this was a debut in the best Molango style. Duffy could beat anyone for pace. But running fast while also controlling a football was sadly beyond him. :down:

it was thirty years ago today
alan duffy taught the team to play

maybe we were watching a different Tank? my memory is that he could dribble past anyone but had no pace, due in part to weighing around 15 stone, hence he became a super sub, coming on for the last 15 mins

either way, we both remember a stunning debut and having our own georgie best for a season

where is he now???

it was thirty years ago today
alan duffy taught the team to play

maybe we were watching a different Tank? my memory is that he could dribble past anyone but had no pace, due in part to weighing around 15 stone, hence he became a super sub, coming on for the last 15 mins

either way, we both remember a stunning debut and having our own georgie best for a season

where is he now???

Where indeed - my favourite player at the time. When he got suspended the club wouldn't pay him, and my schoolpals taunted me with the chant "Duffy on the dole" - even though he took a job on a building site!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Ken Blackburn, one game, one goal, away at Shrewsbury in the very late 60's.

Some recent names there I just don't recall, Ross McNully????

Alan Duffy must have had just about the most explosive of debut goals. As described above but it was one of those that hits the underside of the bar, crashes down & back up again. Into the south goal and looked awesome from being behind it in the north.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Whos Phil McNulty?

:dunce: I was just reading his BBC blog about Owen scoring on his debut and it reminded me of this thread.

In answer to your question: BBC's Chief Football Writer, who has never played for The Albion, let alone scored on his debut.

JIM! (Memories of American Pie)

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Mark Wright?

(Do pre-seasons count?)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here