Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion Player of the Month - NOVEMBER 2008

Player of the Month NOVEMBER

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I'd say Thornton for a couple of good performances. Can't believe Murray is winning here, although I understand the fact that there isn't much to choose from.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Murray - he is the only one who has had a good game in November!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
where is the option for "none of them"?.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
its come to something when you cant actually think of ONE player who has done anything worth noting

based on this, i am going for LIVERMORE for some outrageous tackles that have provided excellent moments. and he has actually been half decent when he has played

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Murray the only one who tried for a few games.

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Its that time of the month again

Brighton 3 - 3 Hartlepool (FA Cup) - Looking good at 2-0 then the Hawk comes up with some text book diving header.

I posted this earlier, but it seems to have no effect on the 'hate Hawkins' movement that this was going to be a certain goal twice over, before the Hawk came swooping in, and so nearly saved the day. He did save the two defenders from deserved blushes, and has carried the can since:

------------------
I taped the ITV highlights, and viewed the Hawkins goal in slo-mo, to try to see what actually happened.

From the Hartlepool viewpoint, their left-winger beat our defender, and successfully crossed it square from the far left touchline, low across the face of our goal, where Sullivan could be seen to have stepped back onto his line when he saw the flight of the ball.

Two Hartlepool players were moving in from the far-post, and were ahead of our two markers. One way or another it was going to be a Hartlepool goal, with either attacker about to have an unhindered chance of slamming the ball in out of reach to Sullivan's left.

At which point Hawkins hurled himself horizontally in towards the near post, amazingly getting his head to the ball, stopping a dead cert strikers goal, but just, and only just, failing to get his head that inch further forward that would have angled the ball just a couple of feet to the left, and safely outside the post.

Since crucified.
-------------------------

As others have said, I also thought we played well at Stockport, throughout the team, losing to a scrambled goal when 21 players in our penalty box at a corner, and a hotly disputed dodgy penalty.

Spent most of the first half in their half, and quietened what had been noisy support from the nearly full two-tier home end - until that scrambled corner.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
At which point Hawkins hurled himself horizontally in towards the near post, amazingly getting his head to the ball, stopping a dead cert strikers goal, but just, and only just, failing to get his head that inch further forward that would have angled the ball just a couple of feet to the left, and safely outside the post.

Which is exactly how a diving header is described in the TEXTBOOK :jester:

I dont actually think he is as bad as everyone makes out, he just makes DISASTEROUS mistakes which lead to conceeding goals. Generally he is solid enough, but is he BETTER than what we already have, my answer is NO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here