Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove albion and their skeleton Squad!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
All the quality has been stripped from the squad and we are now left with this shell of a side.....It's horrible to watch out there.

We have not got one leader in the side...other managers in the past have always built from the back..making sure we have at least 3/4 leaders on the pitch..now we have none!

all the veterans are now too old and are looking very shakey....There is only 2/3 youngsters worth a wan* and they are out on the lash all the time...and we have an inexpiereinced manager who so far has proved to be a clown...Although he does know how to put a string of defeats together.

But on a brighter note we have Bas Savage!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
byf said:
All the quality has been stripped from the squad and we are now left with this shell of a side.....It's horrible to watch out there.

We have not got one leader in the side...other managers in the past have always built from the back..making sure we have at least 3/4 leaders on the pitch..now we have none!

all the veterans are now too old and are looking very shakey....There is only 2/3 youngsters worth a wan* and they are out on the lash all the time...and we have an inexpiereinced manager who so far has proved to be a clown...Although he does know how to put a string of defeats together.

And Mcclaren is not manager

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I could really do a cool photoshop job of skeletons in full brighton kit, but as ever, I cant be arsed.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
byf said:

You are such a ray of sunshine aren't you?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Re: Re: Brighton & Hove albion and their skeleton Squad!

Seagull73 said:
You are such a ray of sunshine aren't you?

Sorry..Were the greatest team and squad ever and..wilkins is the best manager in the world!

Better?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Re: Re: Re: Brighton & Hove albion and their skeleton Squad!

byf said:
Sorry..Were the greatest team and squad ever and..wilkins is the best manager in the world!

Better?

Oh no, please don't mistake me for somebody who gives a shit, I was just making a point about your positivity and encouraging train of thought.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Re: Re: Re: Re: Brighton & Hove albion and their skeleton Squad!

Seagull73 said:
Oh no, please don't mistake me for somebody who gives a shit, I was just making a point about your positivity and encouraging train of thought.

:lolol:

byf said:

Better?

If you are right and our squad is shite, then how can you tell if Wilkins is a "clown" or not after this short amount of time managing them? What has he actually done that is so bad? Yes we've lost games, but as you so eloquently pointed out he hasn't got much to work with, and they are players he inherited, not chose.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003

Lokki 7 said:
If you are right and our squad is shite, then how can you tell if Wilkins is a "clown" or not after this short amount of time managing them? What has he actually done that is so bad? Yes we've lost games, but as you so eloquently pointed out he hasn't got much to work with, and they are players he inherited, not chose.

put that in your f***ing pipe and smoke it :angry: :jester:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
byf said:

Maybe the youngsters are just getting a bit KNACKERED, what with a shitload of bruising League One games under the belt already, plus untold FA Cup, Carling cup and Johnstons Piss Pot matches. It's a lot to ask of young players make several steps up in class so quickly. They're not machines.

Butters would be the first to admit that his legs aren't what they were, but his positional play is quality. FDM is back where he belongs. Nowt whatsoever wrong with the contribution of Adam El-Abd, Joel Lynch, Jakey and Coxy, and young Hinsh when available. Ditto Paul Reid. Tommy Fraser looks to be coming on in leaps and bounds.

This was always going to be the season when the youth team were given the responsibility of having to make good Dick Knight's gamble on the cheap option.

They deserve a lot of credit IMHO.

Last edited:

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace

Tom Hark said:

This was always going to be the season when the youth team were given the responsibility of having to make good Dick Knight's gamble on the cheap option.

They deserve a lot of credit IMHO.

:clap:

fans need to realise that...expectation is too high given the situation we are in

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
BYF, you make it sound like we're bottom of the table, when we're not even in the relegation places.

The die was cast when 10 kids were given professional contracts. What do you expect?

Wilkins has brought in a few new faces, so let's see what happens, eh? It's not his fault Reid, Hinsh, Revell and Oatway are injured.

Ozymandias

Jan 31, 2007
byf said:

I trust you can substantiate your claim that the youngsters are out on the lash all the time ... or is this just your opinion.

The veterans do not look shaky, and how has DM proved to be a clown

and finally ....

Cullip isn't coming back, get used to it. If it will make you feel any better, I'm sure that one our or more computer literate posters can supply you with a life sized photo of Danny C in an Albion kit that you can take to bed with you.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003

Ozymandias said:
I trust you can substantiate your claim that the youngsters are out on the lash all the time ... or is this just your opinion.

I can back that up, frazer, jake and cox can be seen at least 3 times a week in town on the lash.

The veterans do not look shaky

Have you been watching the same Richard Carpenter as the rest of us this season?

Ozymandias

Jan 31, 2007

bhafc4eva said:
Ozymandias said:

I can back that up, frazer, jake and cox can be seen at least 3 times a week in town on the lash.

The veterans do not look shaky

Have you been watching the same Richard Carpenter as the rest of us this season?

Well have a word, or tell the club. No point in byf bitching on here about it. But then again none of the senior players during MA's time at the club ever went on the piss during the week did they.

Chippy is looking shaky (which isn't often as he doesn't play much now) but he isn't all of the veterans at the club is he.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
It's weird....When mcghee was losing games it mattered..This isnt another mcghee rant but no1 looked into the squad he had..Now wilkins is in charge with the same squad it doesnt seem to matter if he loses. I did a poll a few days back regarding if we get rlegated would you keep wilkins...most said keep him in charge....it amazes me whatever the guy does lose or draw or even relegate us he is still the man for the job!

As regarding the kids out on the lash....it is not my job to grass the players in..if wilkins hasnt got control of them it is not my duty to tell grown men how to live their lives.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth

Lokki 7 said:

A managers job is to get results..since our little honeymoon period weve been producing tripe..week in week out..the performances are the worst ive seen in years..The players IMHO are defo good enough for at least to be on the right side of mid table and he is not getting the best out of them or playing to our strenghts!

Whats he done thats so bad...he's done nout..since Mcghee left weve gone backwards and that is wilkins and the players fault and he's got to step up and admit.

How long did it take him to get Hendo out the side? Since he's been dropped how much better do we look and how many goals have we conceded?

As for inherited players...we started the season off well..should have had 100% record going into forest and should have won @ forest...well were in control and playing well for 55 mins..he loses another 2 games and bang gone...Not 7 matches just 2..hear that wilkins NOT 7!

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
Seagullible said:
Maybe we just have too many young supporters who've only followed the club since we moved to withdean and have no idea of games prior to that like Toquay away when we lost 3-0 when even a player (Derek Allen) agreed we were shit afetr a fans shouted out while we defended yet another corner

God i remember that game, ok so we're not great at the moment, but over the past 13 years i've seen much much worse! The kids are trying bloody hard and they'll always be a confidence side at present. You could see that in the Chesterfield away game a few weeks back. After we had scored the lads played pretty damn well. If we survive in this league this season then its job done and pats on the backs for all the players and coaching staff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here