Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brighton & Hove Albion 2020/21 fixtures

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Quite happy to get Chelsea home first.. 1. Nobody expects us to win and we get one of the big guns out the way early 2. They will have arguably the best front 3 in the league in Pulisic, Werner & Ziyech possibly with Havertz behind them.. They would have never played a proper game together before and if we can get them while the puzzle still doesn't fit we could get a shock 3 points that left hand side is week and lamptey will have a point to prove. I'd bite your hand off for a draw but that's winnable. Admitting that they're massive favourites..

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Scum away with reduced / no crowd - scum at home, most likely a crowd or hopefully full crowd - that’s all I needed to know - happy!

Also Chelsea and Man U at home early is great - no crowd possibly - so don’t have to sit through potential beatings. Great to get them out the way - obviously don’t care about watching the opposition only the Albion.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Scum away with reduced / no crowd - scum at home, most likely a crowd or hopefully full crowd - that’s all I needed to know - happy!

Also Chelsea and Man U at home early is great - no crowd possibly - so don’t have to sit through potential beatings. Great to get them out the way - obviously don’t care about watching the opposition only the Albion.

I hear what you are saying sheebo but the reason I wanted to be promoted to the PL was to see sides like Chelsea and United at the Amex.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
From a quick scan, the quality of opponents seems much better spread out than in previous seasons. Should be able to pick up points more consistently rather than needing to do it in bursts.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I hear what you are saying sheebo but the reason I wanted to be promoted to the PL was to see sides like Chelsea and United at the Amex.

Seen them enough personally - would rather see the Albion win as we all would, and there’s more chance of that Against lower teams I’d say.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Sky Sports News doing their best to keep the excitement going on the fixtures release when no one is really that interested given we can't attend (yet).
Sky Sports seem like the individual at a party that tries to get the dancing going when everyone has just arrived and getting no takers but carries on dancing on their own.

In terms of our fixtures, it is reduced to - Is this a live TV game or 30 seconds last on MOTD.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Good time to play Chelsea. Pulisic and Azpilicueta both picked up nasty hamstring injuries and may struggle to be match fit.

No way we'll sell Dunk before then.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

I must say its weird on fixtures day to read about opponents injuries when my brain is saying yeah but the match is still two months away

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
The Sky Sports News love-in with Leeds this morning is beyond ridiculous. Baffling how they are getting this much coverage...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The Sky Sports News love-in with Leeds this morning is beyond ridiculous. Baffling how they are getting this much coverage...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

It's a dream opening fixture for them, seeing how one of the world's biggest clubs gets on in their return to Premier League action. Always a chance of Liverpool causing an upset too.

BHAFCLive

Sep 21, 2018
In terms of our fixtures, it is reduced to - Is this a live TV game or 30 seconds last on MOTD.

Pretty much, yes.

Certain clubs were interested in streaming their non-Live TV games on their own websites but that was rejected by the League/broadcasters. Instead, for this season only there will be 20 more games televised than the contract permitted originally; making 220 of the 380 Live.

For us, if we're not Live on TV then it's Match of the Day highlights plus Sky's Match Choice 30 minute highlights of every fixture that isn't televised Live.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here