Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton homeles shelter closes

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
http://www.theargus.co.uk/display.var.2026936.0.homeless_shelter_in_brighton_closes.php

This is crazy. I realise that there are health and safety issues that mean that the trustees wouldn't be able to get insurance but why aren't the council/government helping to get the building in a fit state?

Brighton and Hove has THE WORST homeless problem in the South-East if not the UK. We have some of the highest use of drugs in the country too. We are now putting a further 40 people out on the streets in FEBRUARY. The council/police etc (ultimately you and me as taxpayers) will have to foot the bill for trying to house and feed and look after these poor buggers. Surely someone can have the gumption to say "we will help this essential service and get the building back up to scratch"?

The knock-on effect of 40 more homeless people means more of them vulnerable to attack, more drug-addicts and people with mental problems out on the streets at night and the typical haunts St James Street/The Level/ St Peters Church/Norfolk Square will get seedier again.

No-one wins here. How are these people supposed to get themselves back on the straight and narrow?

....and some of the comments at the bottom of the article are unbelieveable.

Last edited:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
There but for the grace of God go I ...........................and maybe you.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I saw him in Worthing a cpl of years back. In my youth he used to ask for 2p!!

he used to use our cafe he was totally harmless so he is still around then .........one word surviver

D

Deleted User X18H

http://www.theargus.co.uk/display.var.2026936.0.homeless_shelter_in_brighton_closes.php

This is crazy. I realise that there are health and safety issues that mean that the trustees wouldn't be able to get insurance but why aren't the council/government helping to get the building in a fit state?

Brighton and Hove has THE WORST homeless problem in the South-East if not the UK. We have some of the highest use of drugs in the country too. We are now putting a further 40 people out on the streets in FEBRUARY. The council/police etc (ultimately you and me as taxpayers) will have to foot the bill for trying to house and feed and look after these poor buggers. Surely someone can have the gumption to say "we will help this essential service and get the building back up to scratch"?

The knock-on effect of 40 more homeless people means more of them vulnerable to attack, more drug-addicts and people with mental problems out on the streets at night and the typical haunts St James Street/The Level/ St Peters Church/Norfolk Square will get seedier again.

No-one wins here. How are these people supposed to get themselves back on the straight and narrow?

....and some of the comments at the bottom of the article are unbelieveable.
Good ......most of them are from up north round them up and send them back from whence they came.... I am all for a local area connection criteria for all incomers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here