Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brighton have an external debt of 6mill!!!????

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
At the time of the ruination of BHA nobody had ever heard of Dick Knight he hadn't ever shown any indication of being in a position to take over the club. The supporters were desperate for ANYBODY to take over the club and would have backed them irrespective of their financial standing.

I have conceeded that DK has surpassed my expectations and survived longer than I thought he would as he has been 'bailed out ' many times when the financial state has become dire but how many more times can this happen?

As regards his dedication as a supporter I do not think anybody could dispute that.

He bought us back to Brighton well done. What was the alternative as he couldn't get another ground to play at!

He has employed managers who have given us promotions and must take the credit for that.

As I have said many times nobody can knock what he has done but that is in the past I am looking to the future and as yet nobody has convinced me that he is the future.

It is common knowledge that there are two prominent wealthy people in Brighton who have expressed a wish to invest in the club but for reasons not known to us they have not been approached. Perhaps this is being kept on the burner until Falmer is approved and their money is needed.

Could you please tell me, so that I am better informed, what these marvellous proffessional attributes are that MP has that any person doing the same professional job, for which he is being well paid,wouldn't have.

I hope that the notion that I am or was a supporter of those three will be killed for ever.

Like EVERYBODY I want this club to have its own ground hopefully Falmer simply because refusal could be critical and I belive possibly terminal.

I do not have the money but I can sleep at night knowing that I have done all I can to help and approached people who do have and tried my hardest to get them to invest. Perhaps selling isn't my strongest point!

I am not quite sure where my supposed arrogance comes into it

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Berkshire

When you contribute more than £20 in a season to the Albion in any way shape or form then you can complain about what is happening with the finances.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yorkie:

Does that mean because I have supported BHA since 1946 and paid loads of money into the club interms of tickets merchandise fund raising apart from the £1400 a season I now pay for 3 season tickets I can question the finances of the club?

Kryten

Dec 20, 2003
Here, there and every where
Yorkie said:
Berkshire

When you contribute more than £20 in a season to the Albion in any way shape or form then you can complain about what is happening with the finances.

why £20, and does thet mean that people, who, say can't afford £20 for whatever reason, aren't allowed to question it?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
BensGrandad said:
Yorkie:

Does that mean because I have supported BHA since 1946 and paid loads of money into the club interms of tickets merchandise fund raising apart from the £1400 a season I now pay for 3 season tickets I can question the finances of the club?

You are entitled to an opinion the same as any fan who buys tickets and goes to home matches or buys merchandise from the club.

I may not like your opinion but you are entitled to it.

Berkshire has admitted he never goes to Withdean, and I haven't seen him buy any Seagull merchandise (if you have Pete then I apologise) and yet he is always here trying to wind us up with his 'Albion is rubbish and going down the rattle' routine.

Kryten

Dec 20, 2003
Yorkie said:
You are entitled to an opinion the same as any fan who buys tickets and goes to home matches or buys merchandise from the club.

Berkshire has admitted he never goes to Withdean, and I haven't seen him buy any Seagull merchandise (if you have Pete then I apologise) and yet he is always here trying to wind us up with his 'Albion is rubbish and going down the rattle' routine.

so you're only a fan if you buy stuff/watch them?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Del Boy said:
so you're only a fan if you buy stuff/watch them?

No, I said contribute towards the finances.

That way you are entitled to question where your ticket/merchandise money goes.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yorkie said:
Berkshire

You will see that 4 games is enough to cover that amout and anyway it doesn't matter how many games i support bha whatever.

Just that i have had a gut feeling for ages something isn't right and i have come to the conclusion that mr knight has accumilated huge debts for us and i also believe this money he has supposed to have pumped in never happened as its just all been debts after all.

If he had pumped that 2 million or so in and also had funds forom players etc,then surely we shouldn't be in debt.

You see people on here thought everything was smooth and debt free,well its time they woke up as like i say i have never been convinced with dick from the start and i feel i am dam bloody right until im proved wrong.

Unstable in huge debt and yet,you will find we have had more money come into this club in recent years than i can ever remember.

RUNT OVER!!!!!
:drink:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
4 games and all away games Berkshire

Brighton don't get any money from away games unless they are cup games.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yorkie said:
No, I said contribute towards the finances.

That way you are entitled to question where your ticket/merchandise money goes.
Im not buying any merchandise because i don't no where the money goes and yes i don't go much anymore,because something just isn't right in the running of the club.

Heard bull-shit non stop i.e new players!
the kits are always late!
Prices are huge!
Stadium has dragged on for around 5-6 years+!
Same players year after year!
Can't release dead wood!

The list goes on and can mr knight keep on relying on fans to bail him out or fatboy,yes it may seem daft but its a fact that after fatboy pumping in money and fans raising money and paying huge prices we end up with bigger debts than ever before.

Yes questions certainly do need to ask and im not goner throw my hard earned money into the club until i no the facts,is that so wrong.

I have my reasons,but seriously i actually think im the smart one after all as its been 300/1 against me and maybe im just right after all.
:smokin: :drink:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yorkie said:
4 games and all away games Berkshire

Brighton don't get any money from away games unless they are cup games.
Yeah but at least other clubs use the money properly;)
Supporter is a supporter no ifs and butts!!!!:drink:
You will find i have been to more games than 75% of bha supporters.:drink:

Kryten

Dec 20, 2003
i would like to just add, that, although money from berkshires away games or anyothers does not go to the club, and they may not spend much on the club, they are still albion fans, and want the best for the club, however much they spend, and whether they got to everty game or 3 or 4.

They still want the best for the club.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yorkie said:

:lolol: :lolol: your a nice old timer,but i enjoy my non stop arguing with you:lolol:

Me and my bro buy quiet a bit from a stall on blackbush market does that count.

Also i haven't bought a kit for ages because i don't like dicks designs is that so bad.

I want the old round badge back grrrrrr:drink:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
THIS MUST BE A FIRST!!!!

Berkshire i think that you will find that DK £2m went mostly to the FA as a deposit originally against our ceasing trading. I am sure that I will be corrected if I am wrong. What has happened to it since then I don't know, whether it has been returned or is still retained by the Football League.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
BensGrandad said:
At the time of the ruination of BHA nobody had ever heard of Dick Knight he hadn't ever shown any indication of being in a position to take over the club. The supporters were desperate for ANYBODY to take over the club and would have backed them irrespective of their financial standing.

I have conceeded that DK has surpassed my expectations and survived longer than I thought he would as he has been 'bailed out ' many times when the financial state has become dire but how many more times can this happen?

As regards his dedication as a supporter I do not think anybody could dispute that.

He bought us back to Brighton well done. What was the alternative as he couldn't get another ground to play at!

He has employed managers who have given us promotions and must take the credit for that.

As I have said many times nobody can knock what he has done but that is in the past I am looking to the future and as yet nobody has convinced me that he is the future.

It is common knowledge that there are two prominent wealthy people in Brighton who have expressed a wish to invest in the club but for reasons not known to us they have not been approached. Perhaps this is being kept on the burner until Falmer is approved and their money is needed.

Could you please tell me, so that I am better informed, what these marvellous proffessional attributes are that MP has that any person doing the same professional job, for which he is being well paid,wouldn't have.

I hope that the notion that I am or was a supporter of those three will be killed for ever.

Like EVERYBODY I want this club to have its own ground hopefully Falmer simply because refusal could be critical and I belive possibly terminal.

I do not have the money but I can sleep at night knowing that I have done all I can to help and approached people who do have and tried my hardest to get them to invest. Perhaps selling isn't my strongest point!

I am not quite sure where my supposed arrogance comes into it

Just because you had never heard of Dick Knight, it didn't mean he wasn't entitled to help the club. He never promised to bankroll the club personally. He can't. And no-one else can or is prepared to. One of his roles at chairman is to attract investment. He can't fund the club on his own AND attract investment. Logical, really. However, this is another debate which has gone on ad nauseum.

The future (give me f***ing strength) is Falmer. No one knows what is happening with that. Of course he can't convince you. He can't convince me - but he will if Prescott says YES. Simple really. If Prescott says NO, who knows what is going to happen? Do you? If you do, offer your services to DK, and I am sure he will be interetesed in your plans.

Who are the two local people to whom you refer? Is it common knowledge? Unfortunately, it has passed me by. How do you know they have not been approached? Did they tell you? As I recall, there was a businessman a couple of years, maybe three years ago who wanted to take over the club lock, stock and barrel. This is completely unacceptable. What do you think the 1995-97 years were about? If one person has complete control, or a majority share, the potential for carnage is enormous. You are going to have to enlighten us about the identity of these two prominent wealthy businessmen.

Martin Perry's attributes? He was originally taken on because of his intimate knowledge of planning and construction issues. He was responsible for Huddersfield Town getting the McAlpine Stadium built. He was also responsible for Blackpool getting planning permission for Bloomfield Road to be re-built, but didn't see it through because (1) there was the unfortunate business involving the Blackpool chairman, and (2) he was head-hunted by Brighton. What other credentials do you need to see a project like this through? It was probably cheaper to put him on the salary of chief executive than pay him ongoing consultancy fees during this project. Hence he is now the chief executive.

One thing you are quite right on though is the notion of you being arrogant. I will happily say your attitude is not based on arrogance. It's stupidity.

Last edited:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
The Large One said:
Just because you had never heard of Dick Knight, it didn't mean he wasn't entitled to help the club. He never promised to bankroll the club personally. He can't. And no-one else can or is prepared to. One of his roles at chairman is to attract investment. He can't fund the club on his own AND attract investment. Logical, really. However, this is another debate which has gone on ad nauseum.

The future (give me f***ing strength) is Falmer. No one knows what is happening with that. Of course he can't convince you. He can't convince me - but he will if Prescott says YES. Simple really. If Prescott says NO, who knows what is going to happen? Do you? If you do, offer your services to DK, and I am sure he will be interetesed in your plans.

Who are the two local people to whom you refer? Is it common knowledge? Unfortunately, it has passed me by. How do you know they have not been approached? Did they tell you? As I recall, there was a businessman a couple of years, maybe three years ago who wanted to take over the club lock, stock and barrel. This is completely unacceptable. What do you think the 1995-97 years were about? If one person has complete control, or a majority share, the potential for carnage is enormous. You are going to have to enlighten us about the identity of these two prominent wealthy businessmen.

Martin Perry's attributes? He was originally taken on because of his intimate knowledge of planning and construction issues. He was responsible for Huddersfield Town getting the McAlpine Stadium built. He was also responsible for Blackpool getting planning permission for Bloomfield Road to be re-built, but didn't see it through because (1) there was the unfortunate business involving the Blackpool chairman, and (2) he was head-hunted by Brighton. What other credentials do you need to see a project like this through? It was probably cheaper to put him on the salary of chief executive than pay him ongoing consultancy fees during this project. Hence he is now the chief executive.

One thing you are quite right on though is the notion of you being arrogant. I will happily say your attitude is not based on arrogance. It's stupidity.
Your just passing the buck rearly as how many millionairs are there on this site.

Dick is the buisness man he should find em and perry,well i look at the club and see zero scouting etc for young players which helps the future of the club.
The board just doesn't do enough its easy to see!!!:shootself

I actually think dick has taken on far to much for his boots and also believe he thinks he can do everything i.e pick the player,design the shirts it goes on and on.:smokin:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
berkshire seagull said:
Your just passing the buck rearly as how many millionairs are there on this site.

Dick is the buisness man he should find em and perry,well i look at the club and see zero scouting etc for young players which helps the future of the club.
The board just doesn't do enough its easy to see!!!:shootself

I actually think dick has taken on far to much for his boots and also believe he thinks he can do everything i.e pick the player,design the shirts it goes on and on.:smokin:

Nope. Didn't get a word of that. I tried reading it backwards, but it still didn't make sense. But I'm sure it was very interesting. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Please do not get me wrong but because of odd individuals i.e Our Three, Doncasters ex Chairman I think his name was Richmond, Reynolds of Darlington and the odd one or two others perhaps a toltal of 10 people out of 91 club chairmen why is it wrong for one man to own the club lock stock and barrel a la Chelsea Blackburn Portsmouth Wolves etc. If that is the way forward so be it but all his doings need to be closely monitered.

The names of these men have been given out on the radio many times and no doubt will again this season.

When talking to a friend of one of the directors of BHA I was told that he, the director, wanted to invest more money but DK wouldn't let him. Whether or not this is true or only a rumour I do not know.

If my memory serves me right at the time of DK taking over there were a number of consortiums headed by various people coming into the equation but the fans got behind DK.

Finally may I say that I do not want to be at Withdean when I reach concession age but have maintained all along that I will buy a season ticket to watch The Albion at Withdean that is now 4 years away and I said that when we were first forced to go to Withdean.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
BensGrandad said:
The names of these men have been given out on the radio many times and no doubt will again this season.
What radio station ? When ? Who are they ?WHAT ARE THEIR NAMES THEN ?
Jesus H Corbett, I am sick to death of hearing about these "phantom investors" supposedly waiting in the wings. Its all absolute bollocks. Talk about Groundhog Day, this is The Debate That Wll Not Die.

If you want Dick Knight out, just save yourselves a lot of time and effort by clicking here...

http://www.northstandchat.biz/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11020

...and reading through that lot. Because its the same old bloody crap being spouted, and its the same old counter-arguments that will be fired back, and its the same old conclusions that will be reached.

Lifes too short.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here