Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brighton have an external debt of 6mill!!!????

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Apparently Brighton had losses of 500k for the season they were in div one, and they have an external debt of 6mill!!!????
is this true?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Entirely possible, the Withdean loses money unless its a total sellout, and maybe even when it is.

However, as the club have Prospects (Falmer, being in The Championship, etc), people aren't going to forclose.

Some of this may be debt to the board as well. And Dick/Fatboy etc aren't going to call that in.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I started a thread on this the other day.

I believe we're 8.9 million in debt.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
For the sake of the ignorant like me. How will this effect, if at all, the ability to raise funds to build Falmer assuming JP says Yes.

I was always under the impression that in most cases the directors don't actually put any money into the club they just guarantee the overdraft or loans to that amount.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
As posted on the Palace site

9 Million? God you mickey mouse club, we owe far more than that.........

:lolol: :lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
BensGrandad said:
Do we care what other clubs owe our concern is BHA

My answer was directed to the *Palace* fan who started the thread.

Glasshouses and stones come to mind. :p :lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ernest I think that we have been down this road many times.

I agree with you on DK precarious financial position but until Falmer is decided one way or another he will not need to show his hand only then will the full implications of the clubs finances or lack of be forthcoming. Why not leave well alone until then

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
BensGrandad said:
Ernest I think that we have been down this road many times.

I agree with you on DK precarious financial position but until Falmer is decided one way or another he will not need to show his hand only then will the full implications of the clubs finances or lack of be forthcoming. Why not leave well alone until then

If as some say the decision is imminent then it will be put up or shut up for quite a few people at the club.
As you say though let's wait and see :(

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Can someone please tell my why you bother to respond to Brian...sorry Bens Grandad.

Brian is so anti Knight because he ousted his chums Archer and Stanley. He would like nothing better than this club go under because he can then turn around and say...I told you so.

Look at any post which he has posted on and all he does is rubbish MK and DK.

earnest on the other hand is athouroughly nice bloke!!! LOL

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lets get this straight once and for alL

The company that I owned/ran worked for Greg Stanley at The Blue Peter Club and FADS and that is where my association with him started and finished. I found him to be an ignorant pig who thought that his money could buy anything and anybody. I have NEVER ever met or had any dealings with Archer other than to write to him as did many thousands of fans during his destruction of Brighton. I also wrote to numerous other people on this issue as did many fans I know.

My reservations on DK were first raised when he was trying to obtain a ground for us to play at and received letters from a number of chairmen and others connected with football as to his precarious financial position. At the time I was a member of a County FA council and the county rep to the FA told me of the reservations within the FA as to his ability to continue for any length of time as Brighton Chairman. He has since proved that he has Brighton and Hove Albion at heart and is a true supporter but that doesnt change the view that I have been given in respect of his financial ability to go forward any further. I believe that he has stretched his financial limits as far as he can go. For the club to move on the next step we need an investment of money from whatever source. I did not believe then that he was the answer to our prayers to get rid of Archer Stanley and Bellotti but an opportunist who saw the chance to grab the club and did so with the help of certain individuals who have since forsaken their principals and ideals to join up with him.

As I have said his dedication as a supporter is beyond question.

Is that view so wrong.

My opinion of Martin Perry is based on personal observations in that I believe that he is condescending and treats everybody as an idiot and inferior to him with the view that nobody should EVER question his judgement as he cannot be wrong. Have you ever known him answer a question at a fans forum with an answer that leaves you to believe that he is telling the truth. I have spoken with him and asked him serious questions but unless you are member of the 'inner circle' he treats you with contempt. I have had dealings with many very wealthy people who would never resort to such tactics and for this reason I do not like him or his attitude.

To say that I want this club to go under is total b......s. I would love this club to be bigger than Man Utd and Real Madrid
that is why I have SUPPORTED them not just sat at home and listened to the radio or of late my PC, ever since I was taken to my first match as a 3 years old. I am now 60.

I raise issues that concern me because I CARE.

Now tell me where I am going wrong.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Everybody quick to slag me, 2 people spring to mind The Large One, Dave the Gaffer etc
butyou are not so quick when I give you an answer that you do not like or does not fit the image of the 'in crowd'

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
What 'In Crowd'? I slag you because you constantly miss the point, and have a breathtaking amount of arrogance (where have we heard that before?) when defending yourself.

I did not believe then that he was the answer to our prayers to get rid of Archer Stanley and Bellotti but an opportunist who saw the chance to grab the club and did so with the help of certain individuals who have since forsaken their principals and ideals to join up with him.

Un-f***ing-believable. Are you actually saying Archer was a better bet to run the club than Knight? I applaud Dick Knight for his 'opportunism'. There was no-one else willing to take on Archer/Stanley at the time. No one. Besides which, he was asked to take over by a consortium originally put together by other people. He stuck his neck out and decided to do something about it. Would you rather he didn't? Or are you a history revisionist?

He never promised a bottomless pit to save the club, but his unswerving support and professionalism in saving, promoting and nurturing what was effectively a dead club are there to be admired.

He IS the Chairman. He IS moving all that he can to get us to Falmer. Could anyone have done better? It's a hypothetical question, but one which won't go away. And is also irrelevant. As I sad, no-one else wanted to take over.

As for Martin Perry, you dislike him personally, but don't mention his professional attributes. I have full faith in Knight and Perry. It might be mis-placed, but I don't think so. I believe that we have been kept informed as best we could without certain confidences and business etiquettes being broken.

Has Knight taken the club as far as it can go? In answer to that, are you suggesting he steps down and lets someone take over? In which case, who? This has been mooted several times, and yet no names spring forward. At least, no-one serious. THERE IS NO-ONE WAITING IN THE WINGS TO TAKE OVER THE CLUB.

Do we have the money to build Falmer Stadium? Not out of DK's or MP's own pockets, but (and we have to bear in mind that all deals set up are in the strictest confidence) they have convinced the local planning authority that the money is already in place.

As for you Riche Morris-type whinging that people slag you, it's because (1) you talk shite (2) you are a glory-seeker (cf you are dissatisfied that the current board is not presently putting enough money in in order that we can be bigger than Man U or Real Madrid. Believe me, most people are happy that we have learned to walk before we can run). (3) you talk shite again (see your earlier post).

Words fail me. Myself and Dave the Gaffer are by far and away not the only people to roundly slag you, you pathetic Judas, but the fact you have mentioned me, I will gladly wear as a badge of hounour.

I AM AN OFFICAL SLAGGER OFFER OF BENS GRANDAD. Woo-hoo!

Last edited:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
:lolol: its obvious we are rolling into debt and everyone was blabbing how stabled the club is bla bla bla.

Master plan thats has seen us pay huge ticket prices,been in div 1,been on sky many times,also recieved a fair few bob since, roughly 3 million i.e players such as barry and zamora and coppell compensation ha ha you tell me why so much as i could have sworn we had basicly zero debts before.

Master plan that has failed and will get worse!!!:drink:

Our debts now are more than what we owed at the goldstone and thats a fact and whats around the corner yet again in beggers belief. :angry: :ohmy:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Bens Grandad, as you PM'd me I have PM'd you back.

As I said, I work in london with people who are constantly slaggimng off brighton...all gay batty boys, shit ground...whinging fans...fairweather fans...sold ground for profit...chip on your gay shoulders...etc etc... that I come on to NSC to try and address that balance.

All I find from some of the posters is Dick Knight is a wanker...he hasn't the finance, MP doesnt know what he is doing....we are doomed...lets stay at Withdean...the council should give us a decent position for a ground ( say Preston park!!!)... and that is what really pisses me off.

Behind the scenes there are people who would love to see this all go tits up.

I am not whiter than white, but all of you who know me know I am 100% behind Falmer and believe that the finances are in place. we can all slag people off but I hope people know I do it tongue in cheek

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here