Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Brighton fans were great" - Maheta Molango

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Gotta give Currie a chance. That wasn't our strongest team by any means, although I can't believe OGH didn't get a game.

As Gloria Gaynor says...ish...... "We will survive!"

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Molango is going to be a star! Scoring on his debut after 14 seconds! Then spending a lot of the second half egging us on - brilliant!

I thought Jarrett looked useful today although he did have a tendency of running into cul de sacs because he ran so far with the ball and wasn't quite sure what to do with it. Give him a few games though and I'm sure he will gel

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
chips and gravy said:
Molango is going to be a star! Scoring on his debut after 14 seconds! Then spending a lot of the second half egging us on - brilliant!

I thought Jarrett looked useful today although he did have a tendency of running into cul de sacs because he ran so far with the ball and wasn't quite sure what to do with it. Give him a few games though and I'm sure he will gel

Agree with that. Currie was completely lost at this level and needs to try harder. I couldnt believe he wasnt substituted either.

James we didnt go where our tickets said either.

We were right on the back row of block 28 and the noise was terrific.

We are great fans but then we already knew that.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Yorkie said:
Currie was completely lost at this level and needs to try harder.

Yorkie, Yorkie, Yorkie. I'm disapointed. :nono:

He was average. End of story. There were other players on the pitch who didn't do much either.

Yoda

English & European
I'd have to say that Currie and Jones were our under-performer's today :nono: and we looked a little lost when Oatway went off injured up until Jake came on in the second half. (Did I just say we missed Oatway? :eek:)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Turkey said:
Yorkie, Yorkie, Yorkie. I'm disapointed. :nono:

He was average. End of story. There were other players on the pitch who didn't do much either.

Turkey Turkey Turkey

Even Mrs Optimism is allowed to dislike someone's performance now and again

;)

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Was also in Row H but bit pissed that they had put the disabled seats right behind me so i kept having to sit down.

Before i get flammed to hell and back, i am not saying that disabled people shouldnt be allowed to watch the game, in fact i wish more would go and help us get away from the image that football is only followed by teens - mid 20's males out for a fight. I just think they should be at pitch side so as when the rest of the stadium invetatbley(nerf my bad spelling) jump to their feet due to a bad decision, a quick break etc etc. the view for them is not runnied.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Wardywonderland said:
Was also in Row H but bit pissed that they had put the disabled seats right behind me so i kept having to sit down.

Before i get flammed to hell and back, i am not saying that disabled people shouldnt be allowed to watch the game, in fact i wish more would go and help us get away from the image that football is only followed by teens - mid 20's males out for a fight. I just think they should be at pitch side so as when the rest of the stadium invetatbley(nerf my bad spelling) jump to their feet due to a bad decision, a quick break etc etc. the view for them is not runnied.

You should have moved. There were empty seats around.

I didn't even look to see where our seats where.
I just got near the back (in fact, the back row) behind the goal because I know that's where the singing away lot always go and they always stand up.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Yorkie said:
You should have moved. There were empty seats around.

I didn't even look to see where our seats where.
I just got near the back (in fact, the back row) behind the goal because I know that's where the singing away lot always go and they always stand up.

thats exactly what i do. it shouldnt matter where you sit. the people that like to sing, dance, stand up whatever, usually get to sit together and it makes for a better atmosphere, as yesterday proved. So i think this is a factor contributing to the fact Maheta thinks we are great fans.

we didnt even need a drum to sing

btw
i have no idea if i sat anywhere near my allocated seat

Last edited:

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
I thought the following.

1)The Albion fans were brilliant, the Reading fans that turned up shouldn't have bothered.

2)Molango....great goal, and if he can improve his touch will be a great player. I though Nicholas and Jarrett showed some good touches and looked liked they can develop very well. Currie looked out of depth. And if I was OGH i'd be gutted and didn't get a look in.

3)Jakey Robinson....great finish.

4)It'll be a long season.....but we're gonna be fine.

5)It was a very nice sunny day.

6)The queue for the bus was huge.

7)The Reading fans were rubbish

Digmut

Jul 14, 2003
Ashford Kent
Malango = top bloke for interacting with the fans the way he did.
Bumped into Leon after the game - does he have a bit of an attitude or is it just me?

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
i was told to sit in my f***ing seat - row C not a lot of atmosphere and had a mini row with some mullet bitch steward who kept telling me to sit down - so we duly krept up the back after half time and migled in the aisles!!

:lolol:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Nicholas and Molango stood out, Jarrett looked lively from DD too.

I couldn't help but feel envy for not having Sidwell.He's class.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
timseagull said:
I thought the following.

1)The Albion fans were brilliant, the Reading fans that turned up shouldn't have bothered.

2)Molango....great goal, and if he can improve his touch will be a great player. I though Nicholas and Jarrett showed some good touches and looked liked they can develop very well. Currie looked out of depth. And if I was OGH i'd be gutted and didn't get a look in.

3)Jakey Robinson....great finish.

4)It'll be a long season.....but we're gonna be fine.

5)It was a very nice sunny day.

6)The queue for the bus was huge.

7)The Reading fans were rubbish
mola ngo could be a star,still early ,thought niccolas was very good,looking up finding the spaces ,very strong and not easy to knock off the ball,jarrett done ok,still very naive on defending but will get better,currie think its all been said,still early days,all in all great game to watch,too hot in the bars,also they should employ a plumber those toilets,avin a laff full to the brimmmmmmmmmmmm

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here