Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton fans views needed

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Good read, that.

One VERY minor point (who knows what the team will be!) but if the back four are as you've guessed - Taricco Painter el-Abd Elphick - Painter will be LB and Elphick CB. But very minor.

Prentice

Jan 24, 2011
I had a bit of trouble predicting our own team, let alone yours so glad to hear that!

Also thanks to everyone who replied to the thread, sorry if I didn't use yours but I enjoyed reading them all anyway.

Best of luck for the rest of the season and I hope you have a good trip up on Saturday, hopefully not on the pitch though!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
1] What were your pre-season expectations and how are you faring compared to those?

Play offs, if we can keep up our home record we have a chance. Poyet has transformed the clubs approach to the style football played and at all levels is playing passing atractive football.

2] Poyet is quite highly rated as a manager by most, where do you think his career will take him?

I think he is already one of best managers of my life time watching the club, he has a great passion and enthusiasm that is infectious. He has said he wants to manage Chealsea, Tottenham or Real Zaragoza as he has close connections to them all, just hope its in five years or so. He seems very level headed and I hope he will only move when its an offer that allows him to make a big step forward.

3] It seemingly looks like you're going to be promoted, are you gutted that Palace are going in the other direction?

I hope we end up in the same league next year and get a Derby game in the new stadium, they have made a shrewd apointment in local born Lennie Lawrence so lets hope we are both in the Championship.

4] What are your squad's strengths?

Keeping the ball, excellent back four.

5] And your squad's weaknesses?

Missed penaltys, taking changes to finish off games.

6] Tell us something new, something old, something blue and something borrowed about Brighton & Hove Albion FC

The Amex at Falmer is unbelievable, we have gone from a running track to paradise, hope you get to visit soon
'And Smith must score' back in the days when everyone watched the FA Cup, a generation of neutral fans always remember this game
Watching the moneyman Archer have a good go at destroying our club,we will never forget...
I believe the seats at Withdean were orginally shared with the Open Golf.

7] If you could have one Watford player for your starting XI, who would it be?

Loved your old first Division One team and would have any of the Barnes and Blissetts, more recently we have had Alhassan Bangura on loan and currently Liam Bridcutt a previous loan player for you who have both done well.

8] What is your opinion on Watford FC, as a club, team and set of supporters?

Great family club that is always great to visit as it is not too far. Always get teams playing good football and a good atmosphere on match days.

9] What do you think of Vicarage Road?

Old school, shame in the last few years so much of it is unsued and looks condemed. I always love grounds in towns, Falmer may be th first to change this for me.

10] Were you there at your place for Chris Eagles super half way liner?

Yes more annoyed with our woeful defence at the time to apreciate his skill, he has played some good games agaisnt us, did he score one for Wednesday agaisnt us when we had the Coker Cola kid.

11] Which is more important to you guys this season, a good cup run or concentrating on pushing for promotion?

GOING UP pretty please, may be a nailbiting finish and even a trip to Old Trafford.

12] Last but not least, what are your match predictions?

2-2 and an annoying replay, last chance for you to visit the worst view in the football league.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
With thanks to Tony Meolas Loan Spell, samhale86, Mendoza & mistahclarke of NorthStandChat.

:banana:

Seem like a decent level headed lot who've answered the questions

:banana::banana:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here