Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton fans - Thanks

maccamfc

Dec 14, 2004
Apologies if I have posted this in the wrong section, but I just wanted to say thanks to the many Brighton fans on here for condemning the 'article' that appeared in The Sun today.

Some of you have even written to the newspaper itself and also to the Press Complaints Commission.

Superb.

Tne article was ridiculous and I wouldn't be surprised if the club took action against this disgrace of a newspaper. Your comments have helped immensely in putting our case forward for whatever action follows, even if it is just a Press Complaints Commission review.

If it's OK, I'll be printing some of your responses in the "No One Likes Us" fanzine when the next issue is out.

Thanks again.

Macca
"No One Likes Us"
Independent Millwall Fanzine

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
You might have to change your song to

We are Millwall,
Brighton like us,
Oooe errrrrr

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It is the least we can do.

Absolute garbage journalism and complete mis-representation.

As a club you have worked very hard to clean up your act and it has worked - ask my 12 year old son who would never have set foot near your ground until I got him to read up about the changes made.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Wardywonderland said:
You might have to change your song to

We are Millwall,
Brighton like us,
Oooe errrrrr

:lolol:

maccamfc

Dec 14, 2004
Yes you may have McCammon now, no problem! Hasn't he signed on a three month loan deal?

I don't think he's a bad striker at all, although for someone of his size he needs to have more presence in the air. Whilst I wouldn't class him as a prolific striker ( I think McGhee will probably use him as a target man), he will score goals.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We are Millwall
No-one Likes us
No-one Likes us
Apart from Brighton
We are Millwall Super Millwall
Us and Brighton,
Hate the Scum

maccamfc

Dec 14, 2004
Ah, yes, Palarse (aka Crippled Alice, cheese rolls, beagles) from Shitehurst Park.

Our main rivals are of course west sham, but being brought up in a palarse dominated area, I have an inbuilt hatred of them.

No passion, no desire and the "we're a big club" attitude. Also the 'Glad All Over' song, how lame.

Whilst you undoubtedly hate palarse more than we do, I despise them because they are such an annoying, pathetic club.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
maccamfc said:
Ah, yes, Palarse (aka Crippled Alice, cheese rolls, beagles) from Shitehurst Park.

Our main rivals are of course west sham, but being brought up in a palarse dominated area, I have an inbuilt hatred of them.

No passion, no desire and the "we're a big club" attitude. Also the 'Glad All Over' song, how lame.

Whilst you undoubtedly hate palarse more than we do, I despise them because they are such an annoying, pathetic club.

Yep - not as bad as you bunch of Spanners in constant denial about doing anything wrong.

Racist morons.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ignore him...he is a bitter Palace scum.:lolol: :angel: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

maccamfc

Dec 14, 2004
Stop digging your head in the sand, palarse fan

Shamefully, most of my mates are palarse fans and the amount of racist comments they hear from the Holmesdale end is obscene.

We admit we have had a problem, as have other clubs have. We actually do stuff about it. What have palarse done? This issue with The Sun is to do with blatant lies re nazi salutes and sieg heil chants anyway.

A palarse fan thinking that they are bigger and better than anyone else? Never heard that one before.

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
maccamfc said:
Yes you may have McCammon now, no problem! Hasn't he signed on a three month loan deal?

I don't think he's a bad striker at all, although for someone of his size he needs to have more presence in the air. Whilst I wouldn't class him as a prolific striker ( I think McGhee will probably use him as a target man), he will score goals.
thats what i was told , got told it was a done deal , posted it on here and got called a wanker by a certain mod for my troubles :angry:

Elms

May 11, 2004
Horsham
Having been to the game I was genuinely really shocked when I read this report and the allegations made against your fans. I travel all over the country with my Dad and sister watching the Albion, and the atmosphere and banter on Saturday was no different to ANY other game I have been to, infact better than many places. Ok, every club has a mindless element, and we're definitely no exception (and yes, EVERY club thinks they are being very original and the first to sing 'does your boyfirend know you're here?!') but that's football.
I have been to the Den twice before as a 'home' supporter with a good friend of mine, but as an away supporter for the first time on Saturday I must admit to feeling slightly more sceptical than normal. As it turned out I was really pleasantly surprised how 'friendly' the whole experience was...before, during, and after the game. Far too many narrow-minded people believe what they read, and it's disgraceful 'reporting' like this that will mean you will always struggle to shake off these dated stereotypes - which is a massive shame considering the enormous efforts & financial sacrifice your club has made to clean up your image over recent years.
Well done Theo and co. keep it up, I will definitely be back to the Den. Mark.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here