Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton fans most GSCEs in Premier League

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I don’t have any, just GCEs :shrug:

Didn’t O levels and A level used to both be called GCEs? It was a long time ago!

I never had to produce the certificates, employers just took my word, is it still like that?

In my experience, employers want evidence of your highest level qualifications. Nobody cares about my GCSE grade B in Resistant Materials.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
And that other study showed Brighton fans had the highest avg earnings of the PL clubs.

I guess get a good education and you can get into higher paid jobs.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I've got NSC Level 1

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
And that other study showed Brighton fans had the highest avg earnings of the PL clubs.

I guess get a good education and you can get into higher paid jobs.

And another survey highlighted that Brighton had the highest percentage of fans to vote Remain in the EU Referendum. I wonder if there's a link between educational attainment and a positive attitude towards our nearest neighbours....? :)

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
The Grauniad readers are not going to be happy - not a bloody mention of our immense win today on their website.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Any word on most ASBO's? STD's?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Seem to recall that around 1968/9 one of our least performing french groups were put in for GCSEs and it was the first anyone had heard of them. Pretty sure non grammar schools used them at the time and that a good grade in GCSE was the equivalent of a low pass at GCE. Probably the beginning of the end for Grammar schools in Brighton and Hove.

CSE. Yes. They were offered at HGSB only to the thickies. I was made to do French CSE. I failed it :facepalm:. And yet I got a GCE Latin grade 3 (which is an A** in today's money, and would guarantee me an interview at GCHQ ???).

We still have grammar schools in Faversham (North Kent). A bit weird but there you go.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
I don't believe these numbers. An AVERAGE of 11 GCSEs?
This means that for every person who has 6 GCSEs, someone else has 16 !
How many do people take nowadays? When I was a boy (in an age far, far away) we only sat 7 GCE O-levels. My Chemistry master said that as I was doing Chemistry ar A-level, I did not have to do the O-level. So I only did 6.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here