Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton fan at Clapham Junction Station

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Just wondered if it was anyone from NSC who i saw boarding the 10.42 brighton train at clapham junction on saturday morning ? you were wearing an albion shirt with the number 17 and name murray on the back.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Clapham Gull......?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Just wondered if it was anyone from NSC who i saw boarding the 10.42 brighton train at clapham junction on saturday morning ? you were wearing an albion shirt with the number 17 and name murray on the back.

Come on. The clues are there. obviously Glen, on his way down from ooop north.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
??? I never knew this.

It's in Battersea, right in the heart of it. Quite a way from Clapham, half an hour walk.

From what I understand at the time the station was opened, Battersea had a bad reputation for crime so they decided to name it after a neighbouring area.

Today, Clapham Junction is as up market bit of South London though. Generally I think a better place to live than Clapham itself.

The area around the station has been now become commonly known as "Clapham Junction".

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Brighton fans in Clapham, Balham and The Junction are far from an uncommon site.

Balham appears to be a bit of a seagull stronghold.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Brighton fans in Clapham, Balham and The Junction are far from an uncommon site.

Balham appears to be a bit of a seagull stronghold.

True.

Hello from Balham.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
It's in Battersea, right in the heart of it. Quite a way from Clapham, half an hour walk.

From what I understand at the time the station was opened, Battersea had a bad reputation for crime so they decided to name it after a neighbouring area.

Today, Clapham Junction is as up market bit of South London though. Generally I think a better place to live than Clapham itself.

The area around the station has been now become commonly known as "Clapham Junction".
parts of it are upmarket, parts of it are a shithole, was it you ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here