Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton club crest old or newer version?

Brighton club crest, old or newer version?

• Total voters

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Regardless of nostalgia (and I am too young to remember the FA cup final) I think the old design is much nicer and have never been a big fan of the crest

1066gull

brigtoncrestpf7.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Old one looks more DIGNIFIED somehow. The new one looks like a project for junior members of a design company. Fair enough change the shape of the crest (even though it adds very little) but adding a dot for an eye and a stupid beak was a bit rubbish. We all know what a seagull looks like.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Out of those two the old one unquestionably, I have no affection for the new one at all. Plus it IS rubbish, one of the worst in the League.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I can understand why it was changed when DK first took over and we needed to change the "brand" (yes I hate that word) and signify a new beginning yadda yadda because the old logo became connected with the three unwise cnuts and the dark times.

However now we are using the logo for past glories like the cup final, being in the old div 1 etc I think its time to bring it back, certainly after nearly 10 years.

Seconded :thumbsup:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I think a lot of people vouch for the old one out of nostalgia more than anything.
I think I *slightly* prefer the new one, but theres not much in it.

I agree, I just remember opening a pack of Football '81 stickers and there behind John Lukic was that badge ...it was the first time a shiny had been used by panini...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'm sure someone on here works in graphic design and could do one for us?

I can give it a go.

To be honest, I think that both could be improved upon. What the design must have is the seagull - in that form. It is the ultimate Albion icon. After that, there are many variations on that theme one could use - with or without the text.

I could do something with that. Whether it's an improvement will ultimately be down to the individual, I suspect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here