Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Clock Tower, WTF???

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
So how long does it take to lay a few slabs?

The work on tarting up this area has been going on for MONTHS and must be costing US LOADS.

How can it all take so long? Would it not have been more cost effective for the Council to get some of the "Buckingham Boys", should they have a few spare hours, to pop down and wrap this job up in an afternoon?

It really riles me, passing this mess everyday and seeing just one or 2 workmen doing very little.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Why do they dig it up every year for 6 months? I can't remember the last time I could regularly cross the road there.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Totally agree

Also, it's probably the first thing tourists coming in by train see, on their way to the hotels, on foot or by cab...

Sort it 'aaaaht ffs!!!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I think I read something at the start of the year that said it would be completed in the summer, which probably means some time at the end of August. It does seem to be taking a ridiculous amount of time and for some reason they have moved a couple of the crossings about 2 metres along :shrug:

What is really annoying is when large groups of foreign students decide it would be a great idea to all gather around the bits of pavement they've narrowed down to the work :facepalm:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Forget the Falmer Arch watch, we need a slab watch.

There was unprecedented activity today and somebody was playing sandcastles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here