Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton - Chester today

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nice away victory lads. Sets us up nicely for the new season.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
If you are bitching about a 4-0 away win then it could be a long long season for you Scotty

i was not bitching about a 4-0 away win for us - that was posted before the result, and is merely echoing what many people agree on that our midfield is currently not creative enough - especially if fraser is going to be continually played out of position

and unless the midfield is improved, then i think it will be a long season:)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
i was not bitching about a 4-0 away win for us - that was posted before the result, and is merely echoing what many people agree on that our midfield is currently not creative enough - especially if fraser is going to be continually played out of position

and unless the midfield is improved, then i think it will be a long season:)

Yes, at least 46 league games and a few cup matches too, a pretty long season indeed.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The same result next Saturday will do nicely Mr Wilkins. I expect some people will still find something to moan about though.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
The same result next Saturday will do nicely Mr Wilkins. I expect some people will still find something to moan about though.

Fat chance of that.

:lolol:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004

You never know Doug,we might have these 3 new players you have been going on about for the last 6-8 weeks.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
You never know Doug,we might have these 3 new players you have been going on about for the last 6-8 weeks.

We're still looking, keep the faith. :ascarf:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
We're still looking, keep the faith. :ascarf:

I have a picture in my mind of Dean White looking in all the cupboards at Withdean going...."There's no players in this cupboard.........there's no players in that cupboard.........or that cupboard over there............where on earth are they hiding....??? "

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Apart from making me think that Chester should have won the game there are some atrocious spelling mistakes for a journalist to make in that report.
Albion proved more of a test for City's than any of there earlier pre-season opponents
City were more inventive in their play and created good chances but struggled to brake through
City came even close on the hour mark
All in all a very good result for the Albion

City were so creative I dont recall them having a single shot on target! It was a reasonably close match until the last 20 minutes when we stepped up a gear (especially Hammond) and we scored pretty easily. Forster was too good for them, setting up Revell twice and scoring the third with a great finish. Also not sure that it was a penalty, but Hammond would not let Revell take it! Guess he wanted the "pressure" of taking one in a match.

Reid did get a run out, but I think they are easing him back into action.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
thought it was a proffesional away performance

generally solid

was a spell when i thought chester were gonna score in the 1st 25 mins of the 2nd half but butts and joel looked in good form

forster showed at times his class espcially for the 1st goal

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Thought Forster looked very good indeed (well taken goal and two good set-ups for Revell - three if you count one glaring miss!) and was especially pleased to see Reid get a run out. They were a good side - their fans were saying that they have been running riot through pre-season scoring goals for fun so keeping a blank sheet was encouraging although against league opposition I reckon we would have shipped at least two goals. Thought Cox looked in good nick - also Lynch but generally we looked a bit messy.

Good that we kept going to the end which is something I've been critical of.

If you take the last 15 minutes out the two sides looked about on a par which is why I reckon we will be struggling around the lower end of the league this season.....maybe when the midfield loan signings arrive it will look/feel different;)

Domsdad

brother of Patch
Sep 24, 2003
Its grim up north
Most of the game I thought we looked comfortably better than them.

What I don't understand is why Jakey boy wasn't given a run out. I am sure he would have got through them and it would have done his confidence some good. But no complaints all in all. Defence looked good enough, midfield I'm sure will be better in non-friendlies, and up front we've some options now.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
think forster and alex linked up well and they seem to be getting on with each other as well

nicky has class no doubt and in a very similar way to i saw with barry hayles at plymouth last season if you have class it shines through even when you get a bit older.the way he took chester's defence out for the 1st goal was superb and with alex working his socks of as alex does then think they could be a decent partnership.although i do feel a little bit sorry for bas as he dont seem to be able to get a look in so far,although when he has in pre season looks in decent nick.

also hammond made 2 serging runs which both lead to goals he needs to do more of this he has the strength and power to do this as he showed espcially for the penalty the way he went through them was just what we need from the middle of the park.

coxy looked in resonable nick as well lets hope he can show the form he showed in the 1st 6months of the season last year.

dont see why so much negativaty on here

dont think we will running away at the top but think we have a resonable shout at the top ten if we can stay tight

should have goals in us with forster,revell,bas,jake,coxy and hammond

would be nice to see someone bought in to the midfield alongside deano but apart from that think we look a resonable side on paper

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here